chapter seven

A lot has happened in the last few days. I got a large tattoo on my right arm that, as Liam described, made me look '20x' hotter. I finally had the courage to tell him about Sage after the events of yesterday. He revealed to me that he was gay and she was his beard and that he already knew.

So much for that?

I know nothing.

I got my septum pierced, a ring in my right nostril, and I got two piercings on both of my ears. Quite honestly, none of it hurt. After all of the pain that I've dealt with, it could've been much worse.

I haven't spoken to Sujin, or even looked at her. I can't face looking at her. I haven't faced Sage either. As upset as Oliver has been with me for giving myself this 'makeover' and smoking cigarettes, he's still been a rock. I don't know if he listens because he cares or because he wants to get in my pants, but regardless, his presence is comforting. Aurora is proud of me for sticking up for myself and for practicing assertive communication techniques, but she still hadn't been around much.

The first day of school was in two days. Believe it or not, despite this new lifestyle I've been starting for myself, I've still kept my academics in check. I finished all of my summer reading and essays, all of my college classes, and all of my community service hours for National Honors Society. I'm nervous, but somehow still excited. What are my teachers going to think? I've grown close with so many of them. They're going to think I've lost my mind, aren't they?

Have I?

I was caught off guard by the knocking on my door. I walked over and opened it, rolling my eyes at the sight. It was Sujin. She had her hair up in a thick high-ponytail. She was wearing a plunge-neck sea-green bodysuit with a pair of high waisted skinny jeans (they looked similar to mine,) thigh-high black heeled boots, and of course, her signature black leather jacket. "Can we talk?" She asked me, putting her hands behind her neck.

I think I'm in love with her outfit.

I crossed my arms into a defensive position, giving her a glare of disbelief. "What do you want, Sujin?

"I wanted to apologize for how I've been acting. You're right. You should be able to make your own decisions. This is your way of bonding with your parents, I get it." As Sujin spoke, I could feel the void in my heart grow slightly smaller. "Can I make up for it?" I nodded my head slightly, just enough for her to see my acknowledgment. "Why don't you let Cheng and I take you to your first celebrity party tonight?"

I gulped, looking at the clock on my wall. 7pm. "We'd be leaving at 8:15, and riding in a limo with some of Cheng and I's friends."

Reminded of my dream, I thought for a moment. Fuck it. "It's going to take a lot more than this to get me to forgive you, Sujin, but I'll go. Because you were nice for the first time in days." I licked my lips and looked at her up and down, causing her to blush slightly. "And you seem desperate."

"I-I'm gonna go." She stammered, backing out of the doorway and walking toward the guest bedroom.

She's cute when she's flustered.