chapter ten

"Can I just say that you're probably one of the prettiest girls I've ever met?" Soyeon said, putting a hand on my thigh.

"You have no idea how surreal these past 20 minutes have been, I'm probably one of your biggest fans," I laughed nervously.

"Do you mean that?" She asked me, squeezing my thigh and taking a sip of whatever was in her cup.

"Yeah, I do," I said, "I've always wanted to meet you in person but I'm shy."

"That's so cute, we need more people like you in Hollywood. Although I haven't been in the industry for long, the people here are pretty vicious," she flipped her long blonde hair behind her and crossed her legs elegantly. "What made you decide to come into the spotlight all of a sudden?"

Sujin.

"I wanted to try something new."

"I can tell you're shitting me, but that's okay. Keep your secrets, pretty girl." Soyeon  laughed, swishing around whatever was in her cup.

"It was to get the attention of this one girl but she's mad at me for it so I don't even know what the fuck to do with myself. In fact, she's at this party. We came in a group," I paused. "That, and I was honestly really tired of being forgotten about by literally everyone."

"This alcohol is making me really bold, do you mind if I say something slightly inappropriate?" She asked me, removing her hand from my thigh.

"Go for it," I blushed.

"You don't have to fight for my attention, that's for sure." She smirked and put her cup to her lips as if to hide it; to no avail.

"How do I know you're not just pulling a rockstar move right now? Your song She is at #1 right now on Billboard and you just ended your first ever tour, in which every venue was sold out and in almost full-attendance," I said. "That, and you're signed to the biggest record label in the USA."

Soyeon scooter closer to me on the patio love-seat, "You keep it real and it's like a breath of fresh air."

"Oh?" I said, scooting closer to her. "You don't have to fight to get my attention, either."

She leaned in and kissed me and I felt the sparks almost immediately, as if I was meant to do this since the day I was born. I cupped her cheek with my right hand and caressed the side of her arm with another, pulling her closer to me. I opened my mouth, teasing the thought of a French-kiss and she took my indication, swirling her tongue around mine in a fight for dominance. I could feel my core heating up as she deepened our kiss, our bodies colliding together like it was meant to be. She pulled away from me and I opened my eyes like it was the first time I'd ever done so. For the first time, I didn't think about Sujin while with somebody else. The thought only crossed my mind when pulling away.

"Wow, that was-,"

"Something else?" I asked her, giggling.

"Yeah, it was."

I looked around and noticed Sujin glaring from near the pool. She was engaged in a conversation with Miyeon Cho, another breakout child-star that managed to make her way to feature-films, as well as Minnie, a famous singer. Her real name was Nicha Yontararak, but only let her friends call her this. They were both good friends of Chenghan and Sujin, so I see them a lot.

Upon Sujin noticing that I'd noticed her, she turned her head away from me awkwardly. I looked back at Soyeon and said, "Can we go inside? I see unwanted eyes."

"Trouble in paradise?" She asked me, raising a brow.

"It was that girl I was talking about, I think she saw that kiss." I said, standing up.

"Yeah?" Soyeon smirked at me, "Well, if this goes anywhere, you should probably know that I'm petty," she pulled me in to kiss her again and I wrapped my arms around her shoulders. She pulled away from me and I looked over to see Soojin walking away with Miyeon and Minnie. "Did it work?"

"Yeah, it did," I laughed. She guided me inside to the living room and a song called The Spins by Mac Miller began playing. As I noticed the alcohol settling into my system, I began to feel the urge to dance. "Dance with me, Soyeon," I said, grabbing her hands and using them to spin myself around.

"If you don't stop being so adorable, I'm going to have to start referring to you as Mrs. Jeon," she said, spinning me around. As we danced, I forgot about the people around us. I could only see Soyeon in this moment.

"You need to watch out because I might take you up on that, if it's an offer," I laughed. Our bodies began to move in sync as I lost less and less focus on my surroundings. "This song is so fun!"

"I know, right?" She said, I looked down and noticed that she was holding a dab pen. "Wanna make this better?"

"Why, of course!" I giggled, taking it from her hand and hitting it as I danced with her. Despite the coughing fit that ensued upon retrieving it from my lips, I still continued to dance, making Soyeon laugh. I began to do funny dance moves, completely embarrassing myself in front of her. If it were any other night, I would've been trying my absolute hardest to please her.

"You need to stop or I might fall in love with you," she said, grabbing me and pulling me close to her, our bodies now grinding up against one another. I pulled her in by the collar of her dress and kissed her sloppily, the music vibrating in my ears. I grabbed a drink out of a stranger's hands and downed it, tossing the cup on the floor afterward. I threw my head back in a fit of laughter as the the spins Mac Miller was referring to began to set in. The changing lights of the projector on the ceiling were making me dizzy, but I didn't care. Soyeon was the only thing I could think of in this moment.

"I don't have a problem with that," I smirked at her and kissed her again. "Who's party is this anyway?"

"Mine, actually." Soyeon said, leaving my mouth agape.

I quickly grabbed the cup off the floor and said, "I'm so sorry."

"You know, I actually threw this party in hopes that you'd show up," she admitted to me. "Is that weird?"

"If I weren't a fan of yours, yeah, I'd think so," I said, beginning to dance with her again and causing her to laugh.

Soyeon took the cup out of my hand and threw it back on the floor, "I hired somebody for that, don't worry."

"You're ridiculous," I laughed at her. "Wait, do you live here alone at seventeen?"

"My parents agreed to emancipate me despite the fact that we're on good terms. I'd been planning for a music career my entire life and they knew that," Soyeon said. "They trusted me and even though this party isn't exactly indicative of responsibility, they didn't really mind."

The song Liquor Store Blues by Bruno Mars featuring Damian Marley began to play and I found myself to be jumping up and down with excitement. When the chorus hit, I began to yell the lyrics to the song, over-exaggeratedly dancing with Soyeon to the dance, making her laugh. I swear this girl had the prettiest smile ever.

"I think you're the prettiest girl I've ever seen," Soyeon said to me, grinding herself up against me. "I already said that but I just have to say it again because I can't stop thinking about it."

I turned my head and noticed Sujin staring right at us once again. "I think I'm prettier when I shut up, don't you?" I asked her, pulling her head to where our lips were nearly touching. She kissed me once again and I felt some kind of weight lift from my chest. As I pulled away, my eyes darted around to find Sujin, but before I knew it, I felt myself being tugged away from Soyeon and out of the front door of her party.