chapter eighteen

"Are you sure picking me up from school is a good idea?" I whispered into the microphone of my phone.

"First of all, why are you whispering? Second of all, I'm about to pull into the line so there's no going back now," Soyeon chuckled.

"What are you coming in?" I asked her, beginning to pace along the sidewalk next to the pick-up lane. I was late to school today because I slept over at Soyeon's house last night. Irresponsible move on my part but I..

I didn't want to be alone.

"I'm coming in my Maserati with the top down," Soyeon chuckled.

"You're so obnoxious, oh my God," I rolled my eyes at her and scoffed. "You really don't care who sees us, huh?"

"No, I don't," Soyeon said to me bluntly.

When I noticed Soyeon's car, I gasped, "That thing is bright fucking orange!"

"Why do you think I picked it?" Soyeon asked me.

I could see the cheeky grin on her face and I wanted to be angry but she was just too cute that I couldn't.

Perhaps letting the world know that I'm hers isn't such a bad idea.

"You do realize if the paparazzi catch us in this car, this'll be my first public appearance, right?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I do. The car's nice, though, isn't it?" Soyeon chuckled.

You've got to be kidding me.

"I'm hanging up now, you're about to pull up on me," I hung up the phone and rolled my eyes as I shoved my phone into my uniform pocket.

As I watched her car slowly creep up on me, it dawned on me that Soyeon had been able to see my uniform almost the entire time I was standing out here. It's not even like it was a skirt and a button-up shirt tucked in with a blazer and heels all sexy and shit either. It was just me standing here in my khakis, white sneakers, an untucked uniform shirt, and a uniform sweater rolled up to my elbows.

When the students waiting to be picked up by their parents after our our extra-curricular activities and sports practices, I looked up and noticed Soyeon in her car about to pull up to me. The students waiting for their rides clamored together in a huddle of gasps and whispers and I couldn't help but laugh to myself silently.

Soyeon pulled her car up to me and unlocked her doors as I threw my school bag in the backseat and got inside, accidentally slamming the door behind me and cringing at myself as I did so.

"You're adorable," Soyeon said to me as she leaned over to kiss me in front of anyone that wanted to look.

"What was that for?" I smirked at her, knowing all eyes were on us.

"I saw that girl Soojin leave one of the doors and start walking out to her car, she looked like a lost puppy. Trust me though when I say that it's flattering that you didn't even notice her," Soyeon said to me as we waited in the line to move up. "I almost felt bad for her but then I remembered that she missed her chance."

I burst into laughter, "That's embarrassing for her. She couldn't have at least tried to hide it?"

"No, she didn't," Soyeon chuckled. "How do you have time to balance all of your extracurriculars?"

"Is that your subtle way of asking me how it's possible that I have a life?" I laughed.

"I wouldn't put it like that myself, but sure," Soyeon shrugged as she pulled out of the parking lot and sped down the street.