Chapter Four

Jax's pov

Later that day, I knew I had to talk to talk to Juice about Smoke. There's things not everyone knows about.

"Hey, hop on your bike. Take a ride." I say to him.

"Okay." He says.

We then went to Smoke.

She was working on a car, I gently grabbed her shoulder.

"Hey sis we'll be back." I say.

She stands up and wipes her hands.

"Okay. Both of you be careful." She says.

"We will." Juice says.

She kissed Juice then he and I left. We rode out to Smoke's old house. The one she was at until she was five.

"What is this?" He asks as we take off our helmets.

"This is where Smoke was before my parents adopted her. My mom was friends with her actual mom. Her parents didn't care for her. One day, my mom saw a bruise on her arm and asked Smoke about it and she being five, she told her. She was scarred outta her mind. Didn't even have to fight. Her parents gave her up on the spot. They cared more for booze and pills." I explain.

"Oh my gosh. Smoke." He whispers.

"I know she hasn't told you. It's not easy for her to talk about without having a nightmare that night." I say.

"That's what she mumbles about in her sleep isn't it?" He asks.

"She still does that?" I ask.

"I'm not sure how much but she did the other night." He says.

"That's what my mom has her come into the office for. At about eleven she reminds her to take her medication. Yes Smoke is twenty-four but when she was sixteen, she had a bad deal with pills so she gets monitored and only mom, Clay, and I take care of it. She's really been through the ringer." I say.

"I wouldn't do that to her. I don't see how she or anyone could be treated that bad. She's so nice to people. Yeah she's a hardass and don't take no shit but she is still sweet. I know she still hasn't told me some things." He says.

"There's reasons for that. Just give her time. She will open back up." I say.

"How come she hasn't told me about it?" He asks.

"She's afraid she's gonna go back down that road. She don't want to re live all the pain. There's been a lot happen especially with her ex boyfriends. Some that I'm pretty sure she hasn't told Clay or me." I say.

"I couldn't ever put her through that. I'm going to treat her right. I'll keep her safe." I say.

"She wants more then just that." I say.

"What do you mean?" He asks.

"She wants to know she can be loved and be safe." I say.

"I'll do that. I care so much for her." He says. We then rode back to the shop and the first thing he did was hug her and hold her.

I then smiled. They both need each other.