chapter twelve

MAY 3, 2014

- So, with Erin ? Asked Ryan.
- Seriously, we take our time now.

They were in front of the new building in Maxwell street, waiting the estate agent.

- She left at 2PM and went to work.
- When you see her again ?
- When she wants. Now we have a rule. Three apppointments before having a serious relationship, and she must get everything clear with Jake, he said.
- Great idea and-

Ryan was interrupted by the pretty blond girl's arrival, Jay watched with his eyes this girl and looked at Nick.

- Oh no.

Nick sighed, this girl was Sara.  His love of his life.

- Hey, Sara !

Nick looked sternly at his brother, she met the Halstead brothers, smiling.

- Hey guys. How are you ?
- I almost have a girlfriend so it's pretty cool.
- That's so cute.
- Eum.. What about you ? Ryan asked.
- Me ? I live with my bestfriend Ted. He's an angel.
- Yeah, an angel, Ryan said, sarcastic.
- What ? A problem with that, Ryan ?
- Okay guys, make love not war so, stop. Please.
- When your estate agent come ?
- Five minutes, Ryan.

He grumbled. Ryan was happy to see Sara, but he was mad with her. She left him after a stupid dispute about his timetable. Ryan worked hard to buy a big and beautiful house for him and Sara. They were together during three years.

- I gotta go, I have a date. See you later Jay, she looked at Ryan, bye.

And she left. Ryan looked down, disappointed. The estate agent came just after Sara. Ryan and Jay visited the apartment with the agent and left the building.

- Buy it before someone else does.
- Yeah ?
- Come on, Jay, buy it and-

His phone rang. Ryan sighed and picked up.

- Halstead.
- What is a phone if no one uses it ?

He looked at Jay and smiled, walking slowly.  Jay frowned and followed him.

- Erin, your voice missed me.

Jay walked quickly behind his brother, asking to have the phone.

- Why Jay doesn't answer me ?
- Eum... I don't know. You wanna talk to him ?
- Give me your phone Ryan.
- Can I talk to him ? She laughed, hearing Jay.
- Of course. Wait a second.

He gave the phone to Jay and walked next to him to listen their conversation. He tried to took away from Ryan.

- Get lost !
- Thank you, she said.
- No, no. It wasn't for you, Erin. I talked to my stupid brother. Why do you call ?
- I just wanted to know, about the apartment.
- How do you know ? He looked at Ryan and frowned, Oh, I see, he cleared his throat, I think I'll buy this one. I hesitate.
- You're stupid, Ryan said.
- I agree with your brother. Meet me at the Molly's after my work, to talk about it.
- So, it's the first date.
- No, I go at the Molly's after my work and you are at the Molly's by chance. So, I'm gonna to see you and we'll talk. Okay ?
- I think I don't have the choice, he smiled.
- Exactly. I go back to work. Bye.

He hung up and gave back the phone to Ryan. They returned at their house, talking about the apartment.

     Erin left the hospital at 9PM and called Jake going to her car. He picked up quickly.

- Hey sunshine, he said.
- Jake. I need to talk.
- Ten minutes at the Molly's ?
- Eum. No. I can't.
- Oh, I'm on my way with my friends. We go at the Molly's.

"Damn" she thought. Sorry but she was in the shit at this moment. She couldn't go at the Molly's. She got in her car and closed the car door.

- I go back to my home. I hang up. I'll call you later.

She did it and decided to let Jay alone. She texted him, but he will not see the message, too busy with another person. Erin went back to her home and heated a ready-prepared dish. She checked her messages, but no message from Jay. In fact, Jay hadn't received a message from Erin so he spent the evening with a girl, talking, laughing, drinking. He was disappointed because of Erin.

    At 11:30 PM, Erin arrived at the Molly's. She knew Jake and he didn't come late when he works the next day. So, she decided to go at the Molly's, to check if Jay was still there. She saw him at the bar with a girl. She was ready to cry and didn't understand how he could do that. She met them, reticent. She folded her arms and looked at Jay.

- Erin ?!

Jay was surprised. She wanted to cry, to break everything, to scream. She hated him at this moment.

- You did the same thing with Jake, he was trying to defend himself like an idiot.
- Excuse me ?!

Erin knew the mistake she made with Jake, but she wasn't ready to hear Jay says that.

- You know what ? Have fun with this whore and good bye. It's over.

She left the Molly's, shocked and sad. She realized she loved him and she wanted to be with him. She got up in her car and cried, a lot. Can a man loves as much as she loves ?