xiii. the prodigal daughter*

chapter thirteen
THE PRODIGAL DAUGHTER

_

This chapter contains mentions of emotional abuse and manipulative behaviour. Please read with caution.

_

🥀

» » My darling daughter,

It has come to my attention that you have returned home, finally, and I have yet to hear from you.

Please meet me tomorrow. I will be waiting at the Three Broomsticks at seven.

I have missed you.

Love,

-Mum.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

My darling Edith,

please give me an explanation as to as why you haven't made any attempts at reaching out to your poor mother.

It's been a week since I wrote to you last, and I still haven't heard from you.

I'm well aware we didn't leave things off in a good way before you left, but I am sure we can come to some understanding when we do meet.

Please do reply this time, I am not getting any younger and I am tired of this ridiculous dispute we have got going. All I want is for us to be able to be friends again, and who knows? Maybe things could go back to the way they were before . . . everything.

I would love nothing more.

I miss you, my baby.

Love,

-Mum.

*:・゚✧*:・゚

My dear Edith,

this is getting absolutely ridiculous! Won't you give your poor mother a break?

Please write me back, I'm afraid you're becoming more and more like your father.

Love,

-Mum.

✦✧✦

EDITH CHUCKED THE letter from her mother in the bin, wanting nothing less than to meet up with the woman who birthed her. In fact, she could count on two fingers the number of times Rose Gannon made her life a living hell by continuously making Edith out to be the villain.

"You're just like your dad; lazy, arrogant. Frankly, I sometimes wish I'd never had you. You're just another thing to drive me mad".

"I don't love you, Edith. I loved your father, and look where that's gotten me?".

"Don't you think I haven't noticed the scars on your wrists and ankles? Do me a favor and end it next time. I'd be better off, anyways".