00 - THE BEFORE

YOUR PAST IS JUST A STORY.
And once you realize this it has no power over you.
CHUCK PALAHNIUK

Allison, what a basic fucking name, right? Thanks, mom and dad. No matter how hard they tried to explain why they gave me the boring-ass name that was the sole reason for my bullying in kindergarten, I could never truly understand why. I wanted to be different, special. Being normal and fitting in wasn't a trait I was blessed with, so having such a normal, basic name just didn't seem to fit me as a person.

I never quite understood the importance of the name, matter of fact I couldn't wait until I was old enough to change it to an original name like Josephine or some shit. Now? Well, now after having my identity ripped from my hands and shoved in a blender repeatedly, I kind of like the name and how uniquely mine it is. How easily I could be overlooked by just my name alone, it was a blessing, and now I saw that. It's the one thing they could never take from me, no matter how damn hard they tried...

I didn't grow up with many friends, I was a loner, and who could blame me? I was captured by the red room and placed in the widow program when I was six and didn't escape until I was seventeen. So appreciating peers and playing nice was not in my playbook. I was the only one who knew about the horrors that went down and no one ever bothered to ask. I was only seventeen when I had mastered shoving down my problems to the deepest part of my soul, never to be brought up again. But I guess that was common with women who had their future surgically ripped from their bodies without consent. Which made my need for indulging in peer drama seem boring and a waste of time, and it was. So, I sat alone and kept to myself. I never really understood the importance of friends, in my mind they were just pain and kept me from focusing on the important things. For example; ignoring the trauma of being beaten for half an inch of my life repeatedly until I agreed to fight back.

Hydra appreciated this, unfortunately, and like the psychos they were, they found a way to extort me without even knowing the extent of my abilities, fuckers. They'd been watching me for months, and on my upcoming eighteenth birthday, my world would come crashing down and all at the hands of them.

───── ⋆⋅🥀⋅⋆ ─────

"Happy birthday, sweetheart." My mom, Emilia announced as soon as she saw me making my way down the staircase.

"Thank you, mom," I replied politely before digging into my meal.

"How's my favorite daughter doing this fine morning! " My dad announced as he entered the room. Dale was such an eccentric with quite the vulgar vocabulary, guess that's where I got it.

"I'm your only daughter, dad." I sighed, rolling my eyes dramatically when he reached over to ruffle my neatly styled hair.

"you know, that's what makes you extra special." Dale chuckled as he made his way over to Emilia, giving her a gentle kiss on the cheek and then taking his breakfast with him to the table.

"I got to get to school, love you," I said as I grabbed my bag and hightailed it out the door, shutting it behind me.

───── ⋆⋅🥀⋅⋆ ─────

I was following my normal routine, keeping my head down, saying nothing, and turning my murder face up to ten. It was my eighteenth birthday so I had to dial that shit up to ensure no one would bother me. Unfortunately for me, people were incredibly stupid ,and my suspicions were only proven when a small bouncy-haired blonde made her way up to me. She looked as perky and fake as the rest of them, awesome! Someone shoot me.