02 - WHAT HAPPENS IN LAGOS, STAYS IN LAGOS

THE WORLD IS VIOLET AND MERCURIAL
it will have it's way with you. We are saved by love, love for each other and the love that we pour into the art we feel compelled to share: being a parent; being a writer; being a painter; being a friend. We live in a perpetually burning building, and what we must save from it, all the time, is love.
UNKNOWN

    "All right, what do you see?" Steve asked over the coms shared by his teammates.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda replied, casually sipping the drink in her hand while surveying the area.

"There's an ATM on the south corner, which means?" Steve asked.

"Cameras," Wanda replied sufficiently.

"Both cross streets are one-way." Steve started, looking through the small window.

"So, compromised escape routes." Wanda finished, looking around her area.

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen. He isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out." Steve stated, giving Wanda as much information while still allowing her to take lead.

"You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?" Steve asked Wanda.

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda said.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security... which means more guns... which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha said, shifting the conversation back to its professional form.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?" Wanda asked sarcastically.

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature," Natasha informed.

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam asked sarcastically.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Natasha quipped back.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve said, trying to get his team back on track.

Sam scoffed, "If he sees us coming, that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." He said. 

As Steve surveyed the area from the small window he could hear the indistinct chatter and honking horns from the civilians below. "Sam... see that garbage truck? Tag it. Give me an X-ray." Steve ordered confidently.

Sam answered with a quick reply before sending red wing out to investigate."That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed. It's a battering ram."

"Go now," Steve ordered as he prepared himself for the battle ahead.

"What?" Wanda asked, still not understanding exactly what was going on.

"He's not hitting the police," Steve said before he started sprinting off in the direction of the truck.

It had rammed the opening to the desired building, allowing two large moving trucks to pull in. Eight men came out of each truck, insinuating chaos as they shot and killed before launching lethal gas into the building before them. A group of men followed their leader inside while a group stayed outside, protecting the perimeter.

Sam launched Steve at a guy before flying off in a different direction. "Body Armour, AR-15s. I make seven hostiles." Steve said after taking out five men.

Sam flew in taking out two. "I make five."
Wanda came in and threw a mercenary at Sam. "Sam." She said, tossing him at him.

"Four." He said, hitting the man with his wing.