10. Love Confession

Rune

One month passed in a blink of an eye.

I wished I could tell you that during those four weeks, all the questions in my mind were answered, but no. They kept accumulating with a deadly speed and I felt I was suffocating underneath them.

As you can expect, those questions had nothing to do with the university. Indeed, they were all about Akara.

During that time, we got pretty close despite Akara's mood swings and I found myself falling for him. How couldn't I? He was very attentive and protective towards me, never did he let me do something dangerous or hard. When I stayed late at night because of my assignments, he prepared late night snacks and helped me with the work as much as he could. Moreover, he was extremely good at cooking and cleaning... he was a whole package.

As I accepted my feelings for my bodyguard, I tried to test the water to see if he also had some feelings for me. I initiated physical contact such as holding his hand or resting my head on his shoulder, and was delighted to see that he was okay with them. I also gave him verbal hints, saying it was nice to have him around or I would love to have a partner like him. He always listened to me with a smile, but I wasn't sure if he got the message.

Day after day, I tried new tactics, but Akara's ambiguity was permanent. Sometimes, I could catch him staring at me intently, but sometimes, he didn't even talk to me. Getting tired of this chasing game, I decided to confess to him.

In order to create a romantic atmosphere, I bought some yellow lights to decorate the garden. As cooking was out of question, I also bought a bottle of red wine and some snacks behind Akara's back. Then, excusing a missing material, I sent him to Som, who was my alliance in the show.

Swallowing my fear, I put the ladder under the tree and climbed on it with the lights in my hand. Unfortunately, I was more clumsy than I expected, so before I could finish, Akara came back.

"What are you doing there?" he asked, standing under the ladder.

"Putting some lights on the branches?" I said, cursing myself inwardly for being caught red-handed.

"You will hurt yourself, get down," he said and reached his hand up to help me down.

I don't know why but I got super angry at him, "am I that stupid to hurt myself with a simple task like this?" I snapped at him.

"I am just being cautious, what if you get hurt?" he tried to coax me.

Brimming with irritation, I climbed down the ladder and stood in front of him, "if something happens, you can take me for an injection. It is as simple as that."

"What is in those injections though?" he asked, focusing on the irrelevant part of my sentence.

"Blood," I said nonchalantly, in hopes to return to the previous topic.

"Whose blood?"

"I don't know," I shrugged it off.

Squinting his eyes, he challenged me, "how come you don't know your donor?"

"Why do I have to know?" I shot back, "it is just random people my father pays in exchange for some blood."

His gaze darkened all of a sudden, "I am sorry young master, I didn't mean to spoil your entertainment," he said coldly and went in.

"Damn it!" I cursed loudly and sat on the last step of the ladder. I was supposed to confess my love, but now I wasn't even sure if we could talk to each other for the rest of the day.

Dejected, I threw the lights to the grass and went inside. I was about to enter my room, but a cold hand grabbed my hand on the door knob.

"What is it?" I asked coldly.

"Why were we hanging lights on the tree?"

It was a now-or-never situation. Staring at Akara, I said "because I wanted to confess my love to you."

He seemed to be taken aback for a second before pulling me towards himself and smashed our lips together. He kissed me roughly as if there was no tomorrow. I didn't have any objection though. Avidly, I circled my arms around his neck, pressing myself to him. Suddenly he grabbed my hips and pulled me up. I circled my legs around his waist and he carried me to his room without breaking the kiss.

Being intoxicated by his sweet taste and incredible warmth he was emitting, I let him do whatever he wanted and soon I found myself on his bed which we bought last month. With talented fingers, he got rid of our clothes and started to caress every inch of my body carefully as if he was afraid that I would break apart.

Before long, the sounds of my moaning and his thrusting filled the room, and I thought I was the luckiest man alive.

How could I know it would be the beginning of my nightmare?