Chapter 41 - Cross-Battle Discussion

3rd Person's POV:

Gunter insisted in leading the way towards their "Peace Chamber" along with the three other members of the BOP.

Lian got startled for a second as a the same voice from before called him out again.

It seems that the mysterious sound was insulting him, but instead of being annoyed by it, lian was kind of worried, was he getting paranoid? Was he going crazy.

But he placed all those thoughts aside as they finally arrived at their chamber.

Upon entering, there was a long and rectangular shaped table with available seats that are almost hard to count.

Even the colossals didn't knew that this exists.

Gunter: Please, take a seat in wherever it pleases you.

He offered so politely, but max and the others still didn't let their guard down, they can sense it deeply that gunter wants something that belongs to them and should only belong to them.

Gunter: Now that we are here and finally comfortable, we the members of the "Bearer of Peace" would like to have a deal with you.

Max: What kind of deal are you exactly saying?

The two leaders were now discussing.

Gunter: Ah ha ha! Max my friend, you haven't yet heard on what I'm about to say but you're already protective, now is that the proper way to behave?

Max: Cut to the chase gunter, enough with your silly games.

Gunter: Fine, if you really want to hurry me up I'll put it simply this way.

Gunter cleared his throat and stood from where he's sitting.

Gunter: As one of the major parts of the cross-battle, we want you to relinquish one of your members to us, I know it is clear to you all on what I want, but I'll still say it, hand us lian.

Lian: What?!

Max: What makes you think we'll give him that easily.

Blizzard: Yeah you can't take him away from us!

Gunter: Oh I can, and I will, if you refuse this deal of ours to you, then we will cancel this event and will change our minds in challenging you, of course this decision of ours is hasty and will probably destroy the school's image but it will certainly not give you four the honour you've been wanting for a long time.

Lian was completely surprised at this offer, gunter wants him to be a part of their group? Now that doesn't sound proper.

Lian: Why would you suddenly think of making a deal like that? I literally just met you and you want me to be in your team? Plus I'm not just some simple object that can be given just because you want me.

Gunter: Building trusts and creating bonds with new members is a piece of cake to us, what we just need is a new member, and the only person that I see fit for that role is you lian.

Lian though about it for a while, if lian refuses this, he'll drag himself along with the rest of the members of the colossals down away from the honour they've been always wanting to reach.

Max: No, there's got to be some other deal you could come up with, we'll do anything, just don't take lian away from us.

Lian: Max...

Gunter: Such a desperate statement Mr. Cooper, but unfortunately that is my only deal for you, take it or leave it, it's your choice for you're the leader of your group.

Max didn't say a word and stared at lian, he couldn't accept it, he first lost the love of his life and it feels like it's going to happen again.

Lian turned his head to face the others, shadow was silent, blizzard averted his gaze, zeus couldn't think of anything, it was too hard for him to process this.

With a deep breath, lian faced gunter again..

Lian: I'll do it.

Zeus: What?

Blizzard: Lian?

Max: Lian what are you saying?

Lian: I'll do it, if it means it's the only way you'll challenge us then I'll do it.

Gunter: Excellent choice then, so a deal's a deal.

Lian: A deal's a deal.

Lian approached gunter and, shook hands with him.

Gunter: Wonderful, our battle will begin shortly, we'll give you exactly one hour to prepare, so get comfy and spend the rest of the running minutes with them lian, as it is your last...

Gunter left their chamber along with the other three members who still hasn't spoken.

Once they left, max grabbed lian's shoulder and made him face him in the eye.

Max: Lian are you crazy? Why would you do that?

Lian: Relax max, I'm not going to let our group lose to the likes of them.

Max: But...

Lian: Max, you're stressing yourself again.

Max: I know... I can't bear the pain of loosing you, I already lost a lot of people that are important to me, I can't lose you too.

Lian: Relax max, besides what's the worst thing that could happen if we lose.

Blizzard: You'll be forced to attend the CHA Training Camp...

Lian: A what?

"You aren't so clever after all..."

-- End --