Chapter 15 - Stoggo, Executioner Of Death

Lian's POV:

Me and max explored the city, it's quite peaceful than what I had expected, I thought it was destroyed but I stand corrected.

We soon split up and investigated the location, all the beastmen that i met were actually friendly, they wave and say hello at me as i pass by.

I returned the favor and gave them a bright smile, I soon continued on my tracks and saw a cathedral on the very end of the place, it looked so beautiful, as if I'm living the dream.

I snapped from my imagination as I remembered about Charlotte's current conditions.

I searched around the left corner of the area and spotted nothing, when I turned around I saw max quickly rushing towards me.

"Lian, I have something that I want you to see" he then dragged me to where he was looking for the past few hours.

When we arrived, he pointed at an alley, it was a long path but the spacing was very tight, I wonder if max can slip through it without being crushed.

He then insisted me to go first.

"What? What about you max?" He gave me a chuckle.

"Don't worry, I'll find another path, you best be on your way there" he pointed at the alley.

I wasn't happy with the idea but I agreed, we can't waste too much time, Charlotte's waiting for me.

I soon slid myself on the narrow passage, good thing my body was thin enough for me to pass certain ways like this.

Once I passed the tight alley I took in a few deep breaths, the buildings won't even let me breath properly.

I rolled my eyes as I came across a very humongous door.

I saw a stone tablet in front of it and read the fine engraved words that was printed in it.

"Make the light face the sun and your path shall be revealed"

A bright light soon emitted at what appears to be a mechanism that you turn it's body around.

I approached the glowing mechanism as I held it's sides tightly.

I turned it in the opposite direction and a Rod soon rose from it's top, so that's where the light was coming from.

Soon a very strong fire beam came from the sky and striked the glowing light infront of me, the beam quickly faded from sight as the Rod returned itself back inside the mechanism.

The door soon made an unlocking sound as it slid itself at the sides enabling me to enter the ruin.

I gladly entered as the door closed once again, this time there's no turning back now.

"Oh brother" I rolled my eyes while exploring the ruin.

There are wrecked and torn tapestries in here.

Others were made from very huge stone tablets, I took a closer look as I examined it's texture, I approached it this time a little bit closer.

But as I took one of it's broken pieces a beast appeared behind me, it just popped out of the ground with no reason what so ever and that I don't really care about.

"Hm, you must be the first and only son of the last witch" I could feel his eyes looking at every part of my body, head to toe.