I. The Family Reunion

THE SPARROW ACADEMY

I - The Family Reunion

"It's good to see you back, Lys'

"It's good to see you back, Lys'."

。゚゚・。・゚゚。

The rain was peering on the windshield of the black car, flowing down towards both sides of the vehicle, before being wiped away by the two wipers, clearing the view. It was a perfect time for a funeral, so perfect it made Olivia want to cry. She wouldn't, although. She never liked her mother much. Being a part of her superhero game wasn't Olivia's biggest entertainment, she'd admit.

She was sad when the news hit her. Losing a parent, loving or not, isn't a pleasure. At least not to her.

She knew some of her siblings would not care, even be happy of the news, or even wished Prosperine would be dead earlier, and Olivia wouldn't be surprised if they didn't come to the funeral.

Her suspicions were even bigger when she opened the doors of the big warm house. She was met by pure silence, as if no one had set foot here in years. It was obviously false as her mother lived here only four days ago, and her other mother supposedly still lived here. She closed the door, restraining the cold to engulf the warmth of the house as she walked further in the hall.

Her brown hair flew around her head as she turned around, hearing footsteps come her way. She smiled at the sight of her mother, dressed in black for the occasion, a black long dress with black heels clattering against the floor. Olivia walked towards the woman, engulfing her in a warm embrace, her gloved hand stroking the woman's dark hair lovingly.

"It's good to see you again, dear." Alicia said, looking at her daughter lovingly. "Too bad it's for an occasion as such."

Olivia tilted her head, her smile smaller now as she drew circles on her mother's knuckles. "It's good to see you too, Mom." she replied, making the woman smile a bit. She turned to look around for anybody else before looking back at the grieving woman. "Am I the first one ?"

"You are." Alicia said, nodding her head in response. Olivia nodded, smiling politely. "You can take a look around if you'd like, I'll prepare something to eat for your arrival."

"Thanks, Mom." Alicia smiled, nodding, before squeezing Olivia's hands one last time and walking towards the kitchen.

Olivia sighed, burrying her gloved hands in her leather jacket before turning on her heels towards the hall again. She ascended the stairs, arriving in the corridor she knew so well. Memories of her childhood - if you could call it so - in this very house flowing in her mind like water. Images of her siblings and herself running in the corridor, between each of their bedrooms before being scolded by their mother for not behaving.

She smiled at the memory, walking towards her own bedroom. A big 6 was graved on her door, similar to the 4 graved on the door next to hers, Parker's room. She hadn't seen her brother in years, which was the case for all of her siblings now she thought of it. It would be the first time they would see eachother in around 10 years. People change in 10 years, and she hoped it was for the better.