III. The Apocalypse is Coming

THE SPARROW ACADEMY

III - The Apocalypse is Coming

"In my case I just went head first in the unknown, I guess it has been the same for Five

"In my case I just went head first in the unknown, I guess it has been the same for Five."

。゚゚・。・゚゚。

Lysa was sitted on the couch, in the middle of the two siblings. Five had a cup of coffee in hand, coffee Vanya had offered to Lysa who politely declined the offer, instead sinking in the couch. She had her arms crossed, along with her legs as she listened intently at Five.

"I survived on scraps. Canned food, cockroaches, anything I could find." he said before letting a bitter chuckle out of his mouth. He looked at Vanya as he asked, "You know that rumor that Twinkies have an endless shelf life ? Well, it's total bullshit."

"I can't even imagine." Vanya breathed out.

"How did you survive alone in that world ?" Lysa asked, genuinely concerned for her brother's mental health.

"You do whatever it takes to survive, or you die. So we adapted." he said, nodding her way. "Whatever the world threw at us, we found a way to overcome it."

"We ?" Vanya repeated, her features showing genuine confusion.

"You got anything stronger ?" Five asked, ignoring her comment as he turned his cup in his hand.

Now a glass of alcohol in hand, Five sipped the content of it. He was staring at Lysa, who was sitted on the counter of Vanya's open kitchen, staring back at him. He turned back to Vanya's unconvinced face as he sighed.

"You think I'm crazy." he stated, making the small woman stutter. Lysa looked at Vanya, confused as to why she wasn't believing her own brother. She understood the Apocalypse wasn't the best future she could ask for, but the least she could do was take the boy seriously.

"No. It's just..." she stammered, shaking her head. "it's a lot to take in."

"Exactly what don't you understand ?" Five asked bitterly, his hand in his pocket with his other hand clutched on his glass of yellow liquid.

"Why didn't you just time travel back ?" she said obviously, making the two teenagers scoff at the statement.

"Gee, wish I'd thought of that." Five replied with a sarcastic grin, which disappeared to show an angered expression. "Time travel is a crapshoot. I went into the ice and never acorn-ed."

"Our parents didn't want to train us to time travel." Lysa said, looking at Vanya's conflicted face. "In my case I just went head first in the unknown, I guess it has been the same for Five."

"Exactly." he said, waving his glass her way as he looked at Vanya to prove his point. At her expression, he lowered his glass. "You think I didn't try everything to get back to my family ?"