Chapter 7 ~ Curious Fury

"Where do you think you're going," he asks.

"Away," I state before lifting off the ground attempting to fly.

As I get ten feet above the two-story house I run out of energy and begin to fall. When I get down to the window I am snatched up by Bucket.

"What's up Bucket," I question nonchalant.

"Bucket?" He asks.

"I don't know your name," I retort.

"It's Bucket-head. You were right," says webs in a serious manor.

"Quite Webhead. The name's Nova," he replies as we reach the ground, "and your name is..."

"Not important. What is important is getting me back to Gotham so I can get back to m-" I'm cut off by Spider-Man as he walks to me, "Not until your injuries are healed."

I push him away and sit on my butt. I start to mumble shit as I begin the healing process. Since I'm so weak right now I can't numb the pain, so I scream out in agony. Trying to ignore the pain, I continue on. Well, until Webs grabs my hand and stops me.

"Stop hurting yourself," he begins and as he's about to say more I cut him off this time.

"It's because of superheroes like you that I am scarred and hurt. Sure I've done bad things and deserve the pain and beatings. What I don't deserve is you guys trying to help me when it was your kind that hurt me," I say staring Spider-Man straight into the mask where I believe his eyes are. The only emotion on my face is seriousness.

"Wait you're not just a fugitive, but a villain too," Nova states the obvious.

Webs and I turn and look at him with a 'really' look.

"Let's see how smart you guys are. Can you guess which villain I am," I say sarcastically.

Spidey raises his hand like a child and waves it about saying, "Ooh, me. Pick me, pick me," when I point a lazy finger at him he says, "my guess is the villain, Mortuus Luna."

"Wow. You're just a genius aren't you," I say in a sarcastic monotone.

Nova chuckles behind him and Webs glares. They look at each other with an 'what do we do now' face and I grab Webs arm, aim the Web shooter at Nova, then back at spidey, and phase through the wall.

When I get on the other side I'm in a kitchen. I sneak back up to Peter's room and lock the door and window. I'm hiding in the closet when I hear blood splatter. Fuck. I look to see what I ruined to see a Spider-Man costume. I smirk before I start to feel light headed and my smirk washes away for a woozy face.

I hear on the other side of the closet door, glass shattering. Then soon after I hear murmurs. I try to stay hidden, but end up feeling really light headed that I crash through the door. As it comes tumbling down Spider-Man and Nova's heads snap over to me. There faces are pissed till the see all the blood.

"Now we really have got to take her to S.H.I.E.L.D," Nova says.

I try to whisper no, but my voice doesn't work. I hate feeling weak. Spidey and Nova come and pick me up by each arm. Spider-Man helps me into Nova's arms and we fly off. Spider-Man swinging behind us. I struggle to stay awake as we near a big platform in the sky. I weakly clutch my necklace that stayed on the entire past few hours, surprisingly.

As we reach the landing pad at S.H.I.E.L.D, heads snap to us as Bucket Head shouts, "We need help." And at that point I passed out.

When I wake I try to move, but can't. They put me in power-neutralizing restraints. How lovely? Nick Fury walks in and has a hard face set in place.