Chapter 27 ~ Battles Are Not Always Fully Won

I look up with anger in my eyes. No one takes me down that easily. I surprise him by sliding through his legs and running off. I'm not retreating, just setting a trap. I can hear his boots collide with the warehouse floor as he chases after me. Perfect. I near the wall and smirk inwardly, not risking him catching on. I need to distract him.

"You idiot, do you really think you can ever stop me. You will never win! Not as long as I'm around," I call back to him.

By now he only has tunnel vision and I can tell that all he is focusing on is chasing me. I near the wall and at the last second fly up. Seconds after I hear the sweet smack of him colliding with the wall. He stands with little dignity left. I let out a laugh. I drop and fall on top of him. We both fall to the floor and I stand, still laughing.

I now stand above him as he used to. With my good arm I offer it out to him. He looks at it hesitant and I huff in annoyance.

"Come on, Dark Dodo, if you don't take it now I might just change my mind and kill you. You know, that sounds like fun. I might actually take that option." I pretend to ponder.

He takes my hand and I help him up, "now skidattle."

Nightwing knows he's lost this fight so he walks over to his bike. He swings his leg over and reaches for the helmet. Right as he's about to put it on he stops and says to me, "You make sure that Jen is okay for me, will you?"

"Only her friends can call her Jen, Jenny, or Jenna."

"Am I not a friend?"

"No," I reply in a monotone.

He looks hurt for a moment before replying, "Then let's fix that."

Nightwing puts his helmet on and rides out.

Now that he's gone I have time to tend to my arm. I walk over to the table and sit back down clutching my arm. The group looks at me with faces of concern and astonishment. I'm guessing they're surprised I spared him; I am too. I examine my arm first and notice that it's already begun to swell. I hope that my energy is good enough so that I at least don't pass out.

"Vulnera coirent. Vulnera coirent. Vulnera coirent." I chant.

That reminds me. I am far to behind on my studies. The last time I started to begin learning of a way to use a mantra instead of actually saying the words. Raven knows how to do this. Her mantra is azarath metrion zinthos. I've been thinking of my mantra but have just been to busy to practice.

I cry out in pain as my bones realign and mend. I have no energy to make my arm numb so I have to deal with the pain.

"What the hell is she doing," Ava exclaims.

I leave it up to Peter and Sam to explain while I just focus on my arm. Once it heals I'm exhausted. My arm feels good as new.

Danny hands me a bottle of water and I thank him.

"Where you really going to kill him if he didn't take your hand," asks Luke.

"Ugh. Not this again. Tell me, why am I friends with heroes? Darn goody two-shoes. I was actually thinking about it," I answer truthfully after my mini rant.

I look over to the far wall at the clock and see that the time is 4:30am. Fire and ice! I need to get back! I rush over to a door which leads to an office. We all set our clothes down in here. I quickly change.

When I return everyone is still where they stood.

"Well....I should be heading off. Merry Christmas guys," I say with a wave and walk out.

---------------------------------------------------------

Suggestions? Grammar mistakes? Comment. Picture of someone running into a wall. Yes I know it's a short chapter.

Thank you,
Emerald Chalsa.