Ninja of Rescue

ZANE'S P.O.V.

I sense that my brothers are here. They have found me.

"Gah!" I yell. The creatures have returned. They are beating me again. I smile through it. My brothers will be here soon.

"Why are you smiling?"

"You are dying."

"No, something is wrong. He should be dead by now."

"Who, then, has been giving him strength?"

They all look at me. There are more of them now. More than three. They all stare at me. One of them asks the question that they are all thinking.

"Who has been giving you strength?"

I lift up my head. My eyes are swollen, one of them swollen completely shut, but I open them as much as I can.

"She has been...giving me...her life." I say through struggled breaths.

"WHO?!"

"Could he mean..."

"The Master of Light?"

"The one who sent us..."

"NO!" I yell. "She did not send you! Ah!" I clench my teeth, bearing with the pain. But I have to say this. I have to say it and hear it for myself. "She did not send you. You are lying. She will save me. Liz will-" I stop, gasping for breath. I have talked too much. I am using up all my energy.

They look at me again.

"You say she will save you?" They come closer. They come up next to me and whisper in my ear. "She will kill you."

"Zane!"

Lloyd? Is that you?

LLOYD'S P.O.V.

We've been walking for what seems like hours. Jay's been worrying nonstop. Cole's been too hard headed to say anything. Kai's been mumbling to himself the entire time. I've just been trying to keep us all together, not lose anybody. Who knows what could happen in this dark?

"So, anyone know where Zane might be?" I ask.

"No clue. And it'll be nearly impossible to find him in this dark." Kai says.

"NO!"

We turn at the sound of Zane's voice. He sounds like he's in trouble. We start running towards the sound. We see these weird creatures around him. He's all beat up and bloody. Who knew he could bleed? I guess that, since he's part human and part robot, he can bleed. What am I talking about?! Zane's in trouble, we've got to save him!

"Zane!" I yell. He looks up slightly.

"Get your hands off of our brother!" Kai yells, running towards Zane.

We all follow after him, hoping that he will be okay. The dark creatures ignore us, and we soon se why. Zane is in a cell, trapped. We try to break it open, but when we touch it, our life starts to drain away. The creatures mumble some words that none of us understand. They're using dark magic.

"Zane!" Jay yells. "Just hold on a little longer, Okay?"

"Don't worry, we're coming!" Cole says. He tries to use his super strength to break the bars, but all he can do is bend them before they sap his energy. He sighs, exasperated. "We can't get to him. He's a goner."

"Don't say that . We'll save him." I say.

I know we'll save him. I just know it. The creatures continue to ignore us, continuing to torture Zane. He screams in pain, and it hurts me to see him in need of help and be completely helpless.

"You cannot kill me!" He keeps saying. "I will not die by your hands!" He tries to keep his voice level, but we can all tell that it pains him to talk. I can hear it in his voice and see it in his face. Just wait, Zane, we'll come for you. Somehow.

A white light appeared in front of Zane. He smiled as it comes towards him, even though it clearly hurts him to do so. The light goes near Zane, and disappears. It's as if he absorbed it. The light seems to be preventing the dark creatures from hurting him. His eyes atre glowing white, and ice starts forming around his chains. He breaks the chains and freezes the creatures. His whole body is covered in forming ice crystals. He freezes the bars to his cell.

"Cole, brake the bars!" He yells.

"Uh...okay!" Cole says, putting his hands on the bars tentatively. The look of surprise on his face tells me that his energy isn't being sapped away from him. He smiles and breaks the bars, letting Zane go, free.

Zane steps out of his cell, smiling. The light disappears from his eyes and the ice starts to melt off his body. His smile fades as he falls to the ground.

"Zane!" We all yell.

Zane, what's wrong? Please don't be dead, Zane! We all let out our breath as we see his chest barely rise and fall with his shallow breathing. Cole picks him up and carries him.

"Uh...so how do we get home?" Jay asks. I hadn't really thought about getting home. I was just focusing on saving Zane.

The white light returns, revealing Liz this time. She smiles and nods approvingly. Before we can ask, she disappears, but a portal to Ninjago remains where she was. We step through the portal and land on the bounty. It feels so good to be home. I didn't realize it, but I think our lives were in danger in that other place, just because of the air or something. It was like I couldn't breathe. But that doesn't matter. What matters now is that Zane is safe. I just hope his wounds will heal quickly. He's injured pretty bad.

"Have you found Zane?" Snesei asks, walking out on the deck.

"Yes, sensei, but he's hurt. Bad." Kai says.

Sensei looks at us, at Cole, and sees Zane. His expression changes from hopeful curiosity to scared worrisome. "Take him inside." He says. " Put him in his bed. Hopefully he will be alright."

We take Zane to the room we all share and lay him down on his bed. My father comes in to see if we're alright. We tell him that Zane's really hurt.

"Just let him rest. I'm sure he will be fine." He says. I hope he's relight.

See Zane, I told you we would rescue you.