Home Sweet Home

-SCARLETT'S POV-

"Are you sure we can't stay longer?"

"As much as I'm sure Mama would love that, we have to get back to LA, Lightweight."

I pouted, watching Jay take our clothes out of the drawers and put them back in our bags.

"What's so pressing about getting back to LA, anyway?"

"You mean besides having our own space without my parents right down the hall?" he teased. "Well, what about the fact that Tom's there and I'm sure he would love to see us again?"

"Oh, screw Tom. I don't care about him," I grumbled.

"I'll be sure to relay the message."

"Please can we stay?"

"We've already stayed an extra five days, Scarlett," Jensen smirked in my direction. "The answer is no."

I sighed, crossing my arms petulantly like a child. Jensen chuckled at my behavior, stopping what he was doing to walk over to me.

"You're cute when you're pouty," he informed me, drawing me closer to him.

I had to fight to keep the smile off my face, but he caught my slip up, leaning down to kiss the tip of my nose.

"Come on, Lightweight. Help me pack."

"I'm still mad at you for this," I insisted.

"Oh, I know, babe. Get me the stuff from the closet."

I stomped over to the closet, taking the jackets and other items down to give to my boyfriend. Once all the items were packed away, he carried the bags downstairs and out to the car. I lingered in the front entryway, still reluctant to leave.

"You'll have to come back and visit again, okay, dear?" Mama said, pulling me into a hug.

"Of course," I grinned, breathing in her scent.

She smelled like orange blossoms and baking and it was my favorite smell in the world... except maybe Jensen. He had a musk to him that I could spend hours taking in, though didn't quite know how to describe.

"You're always welcome," Alan added, stealing me away from Mama. "It's been way too long since Jensen's been this happy. Don't let him slip away."

"I don't plan to," I assured him. "He makes me happier than I've been in a long time, too."

"You ready to go now?" Jensen asked, coming back inside.

"I suppose," I huffed, pretending to pout again.

Mama winked at me while Jensen bade Alan farewell and turned to her as well. Before I knew it, we were back in the car driving away.

***

"Home sweet home."

"What happened to 'I don't want to go. Please can we stay longer?'"

"Shut up, Douchebag."

"Aw, you know you love me."

I stuck my tongue out at Jensen and he winked at me in response.

"Why don't you call Tom and let him know we're back?" he suggested.

"You insane? I do that, he'll be over here faster than you can exorcize a demon."

"Just call him, Lightweight."

Sighing, I pulled out my phone while Jensen disappeared down the hall with our bags. It barely rang once before Tom was gushing in my ear.

"Did you have a good time? What did you think of his parents? Do they absolutely love you like I told you they would?"

"Man, were you just staring at your phone waiting for me to call you or something?" I teased.

There was a long pause on the other end before Tom let out a drawn out:

"Maaaaaybe?"

I chuckled, shaking my head as I plopped down on the couch.

"Okay, but seriously, tell me everything," he continued.

"Well, Mama is the sweetest, and everything you'd expect when you think about Southern comfort. No one could go hungry with Mama in the kitchen, I guarantee it."

"Sounds awesome."

"Yeah, and Alan is amazing, too. So is Kenzie. I didn't get to meet Josh, but I'm sure he's just as great as the rest of them. So..."

I continued my stories about my time in Texas with the Ackles family and then I paused, making sure Jensen wasn't going to interrupt while I told Tom about the next part.

"What is it, Scar?"

"Just making sure Jay isn't going to interrupt. This next part is... You might want to find a seat."

"Scarlett, what's up?"

"Danneel stopped by the house at the beginning of the week."

"What?!"

"Well, it was our first full day there and Jay and I spent all day in town because he was showing me around. When we finally got back, Kenzie was on the couch with her chatting. Jensen froze up, so I kind of took the lead..."

"Tell me you handled it well instead of going full Bethany on her."

"Bethany" was what Tom called my alter ego that came out when I got upset about something.

"There were some... choice words from both of us," I admitted sheepishly.

"Scarlett," Tom said in a disapproving tone.

"To be fair, Danneel started it by calling me a slut. I was just defending myself."

"And?"

"And I might have told her she had no right keeping JJ away from Jensen..."

"What did Jensen do?"

"Not much... He did tell Danneel off for calling me a slut, but then I started my yelling match with her and that went on until Alan broke it up and made her leave. Then he made Jay and I talk it out... Jay did most of the talking, though."

I scoffed, running a hand over my face and leaning forward on my knees.

"I just feel so awful about the whole situation with her and Jensen. If he hadn't started dating me, then she wouldn't be keeping JJ from him and this whole thing just sucks."

"Scarlett, look," Tom started. "I get that you feel guilty, but Jensen loves you. You can't forget that."

"No, I know. He made that very clear when we talked after. It doesn't make that feeling go away, though."

"Then consider this: he needs someone in his corner to have his back when he asks for it. You don't have to fight his battles for him, just make sure that you're there when he needs you to be."

"Thanks, Tom."

"Of course, Scar. I'm here if you ever need to talk again."