Girl Talk

-SCARLETT'S POV-

It had been over a month since the article had come out, and we were finally getting a break from filming. We arranged to meet up with everyone at a lake house Misha had rented out for the week. Jared, Misha, Jensen and I were heading straight from Vancouver while Gen and their boys would be heading up separately. Vicki and Misha's kids were already there. I had been doing a lot better lately, but the idea that Danneel and Charles were conspiring against Jensen and I while possibly dating loomed in the back of my mind at all times.

Jay could tell I was still bothered at times, but I did everything I could to quell his concerns. When we arrived, four little kids, three boys and a girl ran up to the car.

"Daddy!" one of the boys and the girl ran up to Misha.

"Hey, guys," he greeted his kids.

"Unca Jensen!" one of the other boys ran up.

"Seriously, why?" Jared grumbled, picking up the other boy.

"Hi, Tom," Jensen greeted the one who had come to him, scooping him into his arms.

"I dis many now," Tom stated proudly, holding up four fingers.

"Oh, really?" Jensen asked him, smiling.

"Uh huh," the young boy nodded enthusiastically.

"Hey, Tom, does Daddy get a hug?" Jared addressed him.

"No!"

"Well, at least you like me, Shep," Jared turned to the boy in his own arms.

"Want Unca Meesa!" Shep declared, reaching for Misha.

"Are you kidding me?"

"Come here, Shep," Misha said, taking the boy from Jared.

He had his daughter on one hip and Shep on the other and his son was walking beside him.

"Does nobody like me any more?" Jared pouted as we headed inside the house.

"I don't mind you," Gen said, coming up to him.

"Oh, good," Jared smiled, kissing her.

Misha had found another woman with dark hair who must of been Vicki and was talking to her quietly. The kids with the exception of Tom had run off to play. He was still with Jensen, talking to him animatedly about something he had done the other the day.

"You must be Scarlett," Gen addressed me.

"Yeah," I smiled back.

"It's so good to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you."

"All good things, I hope," I joked.

"Oh, most definitely. It's been a long time since somebody made Jensen this happy."

I felt myself blush as we both looked over to Jensen and Tom.

"I just wish I could do more," I muttered softly so only she could hear.

"You mean..."

"The whole situation, yes."

"Come on," she grabbed my hand and started pulling me down the hall.

"Already stealing my girlfriend, Gen?" Jensen called after her.

"Just for a minute! Promise I'll return her!"

"Well, that would already be a step up from your husband," I said.

"Hey!" Jared yelled.

I laughed, following Gen into one of the rooms down the hall. She closed the door and headed over to the bed, sitting down and patting the spot next to her.

"Sit. Let's talk."

I took up the place next to her, worrying my bottom lip between my teeth as I did so.

"Spill."

"I don't know... It's just, I feel so guilty about this whole thing with Danneel and wish I could do something besides make the situation worse."

"Scarlett, you are doing something just by being there for him. The fact that he has someone and doesn't have to deal with it alone is the best thing you could ever do. You can't blame yourself for what's happening, either."

"But if he hadn't met me, then we wouldn't have started dating, and Danneel wouldn't be attacking him for it. I've made his life difficult from the second we laid eyes on each other."

"You're the best thing to ever happen to him, Scarlett," Gen insisted. "He was miserable before that audition. Jared and Misha were actually worried they'd have to cancel Supernatural if he didn't get his act together because the producers were so fed up with him."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, drinking almost every night, snapping at anything that breathed, it was bad. But then he came back from that audition with a sparkle in his eye nobody had seen in forever, and he wouldn't stop going on and on about this girl who called him a douchebag and suddenly there was hope."

I swallowed hard, staring at Gen with wide eyes.

"I did that?"

"Yeah, you did."

"But I still feel responsible for all the drama with Danneel," I told her.

"That's not your fault," Gen shook her head. "If Dee can't handle Jensen being happy, that's her problem, not yours."

"But-"

"No buts. Danneel and Jensen have done nothing but fight for years. This isn't anything new. The only thing that's changed is the subject of their fights. You can't blame yourself for something they've been doing for as long as anyone can remember."

"Gen, she literally said in an interview that I'm a slut and only got with Jensen for the sex. How can I not blame myself for this?"

"Well, is it true?"

"What?"

"Is it true?"

"No."

"Then it doesn't matter," she shrugged. "You don't have to pay attention to it."

"Yes, but the example she used to explain why I'm a slut is a rumor that no one except a select number of people know about. The only way she could know anything about it is if she spent extensive time talking to one of them."

"Which means what?"

I sighed, thinking back to the phone call I made after reading the article.

"I'm pretty sure she's dating one of my old co-workers. He's the one who started the rumor because I refused to sleep with him. Besides the producers of the show, he was the only one who knew anything about it, and I doubt she talked to any of them."

"What makes you think they're dating?"

"I called him about it, and he said he might be, but that even if he wasn't, he was happy she got 'the truth' about how I was fired out to the press and said that when Jensen broke up with me for it, that he wanted to try again with me."

"What did you tell him about that?"

"Nothing. He hung up on me before I could say anything else to him."

Gen nodded in understanding, considering my words.

"Have you contacted him since then?"

"No."

"Has he contacted you?"

"No."

"Okay, if he ever does, you forward the call to me, and I'll deal with it."

"Wait, really?"

"Of course. Here."

She took my phone, entering her number and saving it to my contacts.

"Don't hesitate to call any time you need a girl talk, too. You spend too much time around testosterone."

I chuckled, agreeing to call her any time I wanted to talk.