Justice Jay

-SCARLETT'S POV-

"Why do Mommy and Daddy fight all the time?"

I swallowed, pushing JJ on the swings while we waited for Jensen to finish talking with Danneel.

"I don't know, JJ," I answered carefully.

"Do they not wuv each othe' any more?"

"No, they don't."

My voice was soft as I spoke the words. I didn't want to be the one to crush JJ's image of her parents, but based off the subject of most of her questions for me, she was a lot more aware of certain things than she maybe should be.

"Is it because Daddy wuvs you now?"

"That's part of it, yes."

JJ seemed satisfied with this answer.

"I can't wait for you to be my other Mommy."

My breath caught in my throat and tears sprung to the corners of my eyes at her statement. It was so matter of fact in the way only a child could pull off. A moment later, Jensen appeared and made his way over, but there was no sign of Danneel.

"Where's Mommy?"

"Mommy had to run some errands," Jensen informed his daughter. "You get to play with Daddy and Scarlett for a little while."

"Otay!" JJ grinned.

I smiled while she jumped off the swing and went over to grab onto Jensen's hand. Then she held out her other hand to me.

"Wet's go, Scawet."

I caught Jensen's eye, who was smiling widely at his kid's behavior, and walked over to grab onto JJ's free hand. We walked back down the path toward the entrance of the park.

"See Unca Jaywed and Unca Meesa?"

"Yeah, Birdie, you get to see Uncle Jared and Uncle Misha," Jensen replied.

"Yay!"

When we got back to the hotel that was attached to the convention center, we made our way toward the Green Room. Jared, Misha, Rich, Rob and Kim were all there chatting.

"Unca Jaywed!" JJ yelled, letting go of our hands to run up to the giant.

"Hey, sweet pea," Jared smiled, scooping her into his arms and hugging her.

"Where's my hug?" Misha asked.

"Unca Meesa!"

She jumped out of Jared's arms into Misha's with a giant grin.

"Hi, pumpkin."

While JJ chattered with the two men, I turned to look at Jensen who was watching his daughter with a wide smile and more love in his eyes than I could remember seeing before.

"So, not to put a damper on this, but why did Danneel suddenly decide to leave JJ with us?"

He looked over at me, his smile faltering slightly, but the sparkle in his eyes not disappearing for a moment.

"She said JJ needs me in her life and that she made a mistake," he explained. "She also mentioned she was wrong about you."

"You're joking."

"I thought so, too, but then she said if I didn't believe her she would just find a sitter for JJ instead of leaving her with me like she planned and so here we are."

I gaped up at him, certain I wasn't hearing him correctly.

"W-what... Why?" I stammered.

Jensen just shrugged, looking back over at JJ who was still in Misha's arms.