CH. 28

DWAIN

DWAIN

"Mommy left you enough milk to start your own milk bar." I tell Leon as I feed him, even though I knew he didn't understand a word I was saying.

I often found myself talking to him about any and everything possible. I planned on us being so close he didn't need for friends his actual age. Though he kept us up most nights, it hasn't bothered me yet. Even now, I forced Ginger to take a much needed spa day with the girls, so I could spend the day with him. Waylon was going to stop by with Yoanna since Lana was with Ginger and we were going to make this a Dad's Day. Sooner or later, I knew Ginger and I would be returning to work so the more time I got with him now, the better. Leon moves his head away from the bottle filled with breast milk, indicating he was full. He looked up at me with so much curiosity, like his mother when she first met me, it made me chuckle. I decide to take a quick picture to send to Ginger.

A sudden knock on the door and I knew Waylon had arrived

A sudden knock on the door and I knew Waylon had arrived. With Leon still in my arms, I go answer it and he's startled by the sound of another baby making noises. I knew Yoanna was going to be a social butterfly the way she was always making some type of sound. It must be something she inherited from her mother because Waylon wasn't the talkative type. He greets me with a shoulder bump as he carried Yoanna in one arm and her car seat in the other. It's been a while since him and I got together to catch up. I haven't even talked to him about what went down at his birthday party two weeks ago. I let him get comfortable before I started asking my questions.

"What's up with you?" I ask, slowly taking a seat close by, making sure not to disturb Leon's quiet time. "Looks like you got this whole father stuff figured out."

"I know, it's crazy how easy it is to be her daddy." He says as he smiles down at her. It was like she understood everything he said the way she reacted with her own response. I couldn't wait til Leon got to that stage. He was already getting bigger every day, but he was a big baby to begin with.

"Tatiana adjusting as well as you?" I start to will him in.

"She's doing better than I thought." He responded with a shrug. "It may be time for a new one." He reveals and my jaw drops.