CH. 2

GINGER NOLAN

"You love it, don't act like you don't

"You love it, don't act like you don't." I teased Dwain as I posed for the camera. He wanted to do a column in the magazine about the process leading into becoming a wife and had asked me to be the inspiration behind it. At first I was upset because it delayed our honeymoon but I liked the extra attention I was getting. GULP was Dwain's baby and this was like breastfeeding it. I was use to taking photos, I had started my career as a model in high school with Jules but I had quickly found out it wasn't for me before even graduating. I had a very round face and bright scarlet features that constantly made me stick out from everyone else and apparently the other girls didn't like that. I had found my true calling in styling though and that's what ultimately lead me into the arms of GULP.

I was only coming to visit my friend Nicole at her job as an assistant to the CEO when I accidentally ended up in a room alone with Dwain and his investors. All eyes were on me and my canvas lunch bag filled with lunch I prepared for Nicole, who was also my roommate at the time. Finally someone compliments my outfit and the uniqueness in my features and I ended up leaving out of that room with a job title even higher than Nicole's. I worked hard from then on and it showed in the magazines success in the fashion world. Our love story manifested on its own from pure friendship and respect and now I was Mrs. Nolan.

"Alright, just ten more frames." Waylon, one of our photographers reminds me and I stopped goofing around and started actually posing professionally. Dwain watched me and awe and    if I kept staring at him I knew I wasn't going to get any good shots. I try to focus on Waylon instead and thought of all the things I knew about him. He was the best photographer we had here, we trusted him with our wedding photos and saw that it was only right for him to cover this shoot as well. The final flashes goes off and Dwain walks to the computer and looks through the shots.

I'm a little conceited and honestly couldn't find a picture I didn't like but there was one in particular that really stood out. Dwain must have agreed because before I could even tell him I loved it, he had told Waylon to give it to the editors. I was so giddy to be featured in the magazine instead of being behind the scenes like usually. Dwain pulls me into an embrace then place soft kisses along my neck and onto my cheeks. I smiled up at him and just enjoyed the comfort I always confide in before making eye contact with him.

"Are you ready to get up out of the US?" He asked, hinting at the trip to Italy we had planned for our honeymoon.

"Sure am." I nod my head. "Right after you do one last thing." I remind him.

"Where is Lana anyway? You did tell her two o'clock right?" Dwain ask as he releases me and straighten himself up.

"She'll be here." I assure him and right on queue, Lana walks into the studio apologizing for her tardiness.

"I'm so sorry, I got lost along the way and I thought these guys were going to give me directions but they just tried get my number instead." She exclaims. "But I'm here and I made it and I have a few hours before I have to be at the airport."

"Why is it that even on vacation you have a busy life?" I joke with her and she does the same.

"There's lots of things to see in this world, Gin."

Alana was my very first friend and she's forever my person. When her mother lost her life to breast cancer and her father remarried and started a new family, Lana came to live with us. We were already pretty close but we became inseparable after that. She was a burst of sunshine to anyone who met her, you would never be able to see how hurt she was under that happiness. There was no denying that Lana was a stronger person than me in every way. I've learned and experience so many things from her that I actually thanked God for her sometimes.

"You know you don't have to leave today if you're not ready?" Dwain tells her.

"No, if I don't leave today then I'll never want to leave." She replies modestly.

"But that's exactly what I'm talking about. What if you moved here permanently?" He reveals and Lana instantly raised her brow.

"I can't just leave what I have going on New York," she laughs but Dwain's face remained serious. "I already made a name for myself out there."

"Lana, I actually wanted you to come because I have a job opportunity for you. I couldn't think of anyone more qualified and trusted to do the job." Dwain confesses and Lana instantly looks at me. I've known for a while about this conversation and I've been in anticipation for her answer ever since. If Lana moved closer to me then my life would be complete, everyone I loved would now be in driving distance from me.

"GULP is starting an Art column and Dwain would like for you to be the creative director and not because you're my cousin, but because you're the best person for the job." I reveal to her and I couldn't tell if she was happy or upset. "I know how much you love being an art collector but with this job you'll still get to make your own schedule, and I'm sure you could fit collecting in there somewhere still."

"Aw Gin, you don't have to convince me." Lana smiles as she reaches for a hug. Then she pulls away from me and walks over to hug Dwain as well. "I would love to." She tells him and we all cheered, mostly because we didn't have to beg her, but also because now we could go on our honeymoon.