CH. 34

LANA

LANA

Considering how uncomfortable those last few days in Hawaii has been, I've been feeling very confident since being back home. Releasing all of what had taken over a lot of space in my mind, made room for me to focus on other things that mattered to me. I've been on a hiatus since before giving birth to Yoanna and now I felt like I was ready to start jogging down this new path life was creating for me. I was starting my deciding to go back to working. Being a creative director for GULP served it's purpose and knowledge, but being an art collector was my passion. I was finally going to open up a Milia's Galleria here in California and I already had the business plan down. It required a bit more work since I wasn't going into business with a friend, but I was very willing and had a lot of support.

Kenny was able to show me a few places around the city. He definitely delivered on his words of knowing a bunch of great locations but he sold me on a place near the pier. It was the same pier that Waylon had photographed during that first edition of GULP's art column. Jose's interesting artwork was very inspiring, I felt like it was destined for me to find this building close by it. I had enough money put away to purchase the lot, but Dwain was kind enough to loan me money to furnish the place. While it was currently under construction and being decorated, I was spending most of my nights and weekends going to local art shows, looking for potential pieces to purchase and resell. Being at these shows were the closes I felt to being the old Lana again.

I was almost done packing everything Yoanna would need to spend the weekend with Waylon. I wasn't mad at Waylon, things were just easier for me when I wasn't around him. I didn't feel bad about allowing other men to flirt with me when I didn't have Waylon around reminding me of the last guy I was romantically involved with. When the door bell rang, I knew it was him. I could hear Yoyo trying to talk to him all the way up stairs. I grabbed her bag and made my way towards the sounds. Amanda was handing her off to him when I got down there, it gave him reason to not meet my gaze. I greet him then immediately hand him the beg, expecting him to leave out, but then my father decides to start a conversation with him. I tried to make my exit, but then Waylon's voice calls after me.

"When did you want me to bring her back? You never said in the text messages." He asked, then I had no choice but to look at him.

We've been avoiding each other's contact for a while now, it was hard looking at him and seeing how hopeless he looked. Amanda and my father decides to give us some privacy that wasn't necessary. I already had one foot up the stairs but I turn around and step closer to him.

"You can drop her off at Aunt Rosie's house during Sunday dinner." I tell him and he nods his head. I lean over to smother her with goodbye kisses. I turned around to try to leave again but he calls after me again.

"I'm not sure if you're busy or not, but do you mind taking a little ride with me?" Waylon ask and I look at him oddly. "It's not anywhere far and I promise not to keep you long, I just needed your opinion on something."