CH. 12

GINGER

GINGER

"You did what?" I stopped in the middle of brushing my teeth to look at Lana through the phone.

"I kissed Waylon." She repeats. I quickly rinse my mouth out with water then grab my phone to hear this story. I didn't know if she wanted Dwain in her business so I stayed in the master bathroom as he continued to get dressed for the morning.

"When, how, and why?" I ask my little cousin. Lana's been smiling since she's been on FaceTime. I know I only smile like that after I had an unforgettable night.

"I was suppose to be on a date with MJ but—," She started but I had to stop her right there.

"When did you and Marlon Myles get acquainted?" I ask.

"That's a story itself but to cut it short, he sent me flowers yesterday and ask me go out with him that night." Lana explains and I nod my head to follow along. "He took us to some club and I didn't know it was Switch's launch party until we got there."

"Hold on, what does your date has to do with Waylon though?" I didn't care to even talk about Marlon and Switch, after all, there's a reason why they're from my past. Waylon was someone in my life now and I wanted her to get to the point.

"This is such an embarrassing story," she sighs but keeps smiling still. "I can't believe I did that."

"I can't believe you're taking this long to fill me in." I sarcastically reply and she giggles. "Lana!" I snap for her attention and she stop and took a deep breath.

"Okay, so the whole night MJ spent more time making sure Switch was good than making sure I was having a good time. I was getting so irritated but I was trying to be understanding so I stayed. But then I started thinking about Waylon and comparing the two."

"So you called him up when the date was over?" I try to guess as I lean into the camera.

"I didn't have to, he was already there." She reveals and my mouth watered at how juicy this story actually was. "When I saw him, I don't know what came over me. Gin, I literally leaped into his arms and just kissed him. He was so surprised at first but when I pulled away he just pulled me into another kiss."

"Oh my God!" I didn't mean to scream out loud but I was too amped. I don't know how I felt about them two dating. Tati and Waylon has been together for a while and I know she needs him more than anything now since she didn't work for us anymore. Even if he was to break up with her for Lana, I'm sure Tati wouldn't make it easy. This was the exact reason why I warned Waylon in the beginning but seeing my little cousin over here with a glowing smile she won't let go was polarizing me. Also, from what I'm hearing, Lana made the move it looks like so I can't be mad at him for caving in a little bit. Upon hearing me screaming, Dwain knocked on the bathroom door to check on me.

"I have to go, Lana." I announce.

"But that's not it." She says and for a second I'm tempted to stay but Dwain knocks again.