CH. 26

WAYLON

WAYLON

"Hey, I left my backup memory card at home. Do you have any extra?" Jeff asked me after I finished snapping some pictures of Dwain and his family.

I was hired to take pictures for their family album while Jeff was taking pictures for GULP. Because I had his job before him, I knew how important it was to have a huge selection to pick from for the magazine so I slide him the extra memory card I had in my pocket. Even though I didn't work for them anymore, I wished the Nolan's lots of success. Dwain was a honest guy and an even better businessman. We bonded over more things then just Lana and I considered him a friend. He was constantly referring his rich friends to me for events and I felt like we had this unspoken support for each other's career.

"Thanks man." Jeff replies and I just shake my head like it's nothing. "Actually, can I holler at you about something really quick?"

I liked Jeff worked, but to be truthful, I haven't even thought about getting to know him since I found out he knew Lana before I did. Nothing personal, just sort of the way things happened from that point on and we've never really ran into each other since then. I didn't know what he would have to talk to me about. We were two different type of people. While I usually played the background he worked well being the center of attention. We ran with different crowds, the last time I actually saw him was when I ran into Lee at an industry party I was hired for and he was her date. We barely spoke then so I was a bit confused. Dwain matched the same puzzled look as me but I decide to hear him out anyway.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"I just wanted to know if you're cool with me taking Lana out this weekend. I understand y'all situation and I don't want to step on your toes or anything."

"Lana? I thought you were dating Lee?"

"Nah, Lee broke up me a few weeks ago, told me I was too friendly. But Lana knows me. The fact that we keep running back into each other must be a sign or something." He smiles the same way I use to smile about her.

"Um, I'm in a relationship with someone else so who Lana goes out with is not my business." I tell him and he looks relieved. "But don't you think that's kind of shady to Le'Ann? Does she even knows?"

"I'm not sure but she probably won't care." He replies then walks off, leaving me there in astonishment. Dwain walks over to me after a little while and ask me what that was about but I just tell him nothing.

Who was I to tell Lana not to date someone that's arrogant as Jeff? Dwain on the other hand was very protective of her and he'd probably threaten Jeff if he knew how shady he was moving. Lana was grown and part of what Jeff said was true. They did seem to know each other so she probably knows how arrogant he comes off as. I told myself that I wouldn't get in the way of her happiness and I meant that. She was wearing a smile so much these days, I only wanted to contribute to it. So I promised myself to only approach her with positive things unless it involved Yoanna and it's been working for me.