CH. 9

GINGER

Hollywood parties were the worst

Hollywood parties were the worst. Paparazzi was literally everywhere and I was always blinded by the lights. Lana wasn't use to it at all and I laughed at how bothered she looked. She'd have to get use to that if she was going to be going to parties like this. Mason Myles was respected in the industry. He made lots of money for almost anyone with a talent in Hollywood and had a few superstars under his belt. I met him only once when we interview one of his new artist for the magazine. It would have been nice having my husband next to me to guide me through these industry parties, but unfortunately he bailed on us. He finally caught up with his brother and didn't want to miss the opportunity of talking to him, and I couldn't be mad at him for it.

"Ginger Nolan!" Someone screamed from the crowd of paparazzi. "How's newlywed life?"

As if I would tell them. I had my own magazine to be a part of, I didn't want to give the competition something to write about. Dwain and I promised to never speak to reporters and paparazzi unless they worked for GULP. It was our strategy for maintaining our growing empire. I grab Lana's hand and we finally entered the inside of Bella Blanca. There were a lot of great looking people around here and a few familiar faces. I wasn't as known as Dwain was, but I never missed an opportunity to network, that's the only reason I still agreed to come without my husband.

"Wow, there's a lot of people here." I say as I observed the scene.

"Good, maybe I'll get lucky tonight." Lana smiled sarcastically. She's been talking about finding someone to date since she's gotten here.

"Judging from the way you're looking, I know you will." I compliment her. We check in with the hostess before getting directed to a assigned table. When we got there, I was so happy to see Franklin there dressed in a crispy suede black suit with a black Saint Laurent baseball cap. Franklin is so annoying that it becomes needy at times. He was good for a laugh and pretty much knew how to keep everyone's spirits up when things were down. I didn't want to give him to my cousin but if I wanted her to be successful then I knew she needed him on her team.

"Damn, I'm 32 and I've never had a party this popular." Franklin says once we both sat down. I missed gossiping with him. "I've already seen two members of Taylor Swifts squad, I'm waiting for Taylor herself to walk in."

"Have you seen Lee yet?" Lana ask, completely ignoring Franklin, while I slightly snort. I was very bossy to most but the few people who really knew me knew that I could be a goofball in the appropriate settings.

"Nope." Franklin shrugs. "I forgot we were here for her."

"I'm going to go look for her, I'll be right back." Lana announces as she gets out of her seat. Good, maybe she'll return in a better mood.

"What's knew in the life of Franklin? How's the Art of GULP?" I lean into him so we could hear each other better.

"It's nothing like Fashion, everyone acts so serious most of the time, but I like it. Lana's very hands on and she and Waylon come up with some interesting ideas." He answered honestly. If you ever needed someone to keep it real with you, Franklin was your guy. Rather it be hurtful or complimenting, you knew it was the truth.