CH. 25

GINGER

GINGER

The media were already starting to arrive and slowly surrounding the house. Although the only two photographers we were allowing into this home was Waylon and Jeff, I couldn't blame them all for being curious. This venue was impressive and the party planner really did her thing with decorating everything, even the rooms we weren't using. Nicole and Lana were coming early to help me decide which outfit I want to wear to celebrate my king of the jungle arrival. When I opened the door, Nicole was already out there posing for the paparazzi. She and I both loved a bit of publicity but there wasn't much time left before my guest will be arriving and there were more important things to do.

Dwain volunteered to sneak Lana in through the garage connected to the house. I doubt that the press would actually care or remember who she is but we were taking all of the precautions to keep her here. Nicole finally waltz to the door and the baby started kicking violently in my stomach at the sound of the slammed door. If my cousin would have come back to California earlier or even contacted me while she was gone, then she would have been my childs godmother but I decided to give that role to Nicole. Sometimes her personality and mines clashed a lot because we were so much alike, but she's been very useful during this pregnancy. On top of that, she was basically doing all of the work that needed to be done to start our clothing line. She probably didn't have my back like Lana, but there was no doubt that she'd be there for me and my child.

"I love being friends with the Nolan's." Nicole smiles as she looks around the house. "Wow, this place is massive."

"I know. I told Dwain I didn't need this much space but he only wants the best for me." I brag as I often did. I didn't see the need of hiding how amazing my husband was to me and Nicole wasn't new to it all. "C'mon, Lana's upstairs waiting for us."

"Oh, that's right." Nicole sighs. "She is back now."

Nicole and Lana never got to the point of being friends. Ever since my wedding, Nicole has always felt like I push her to the side for Lana because I made her my bridesmaids. She just needed to understand that the connection I shared with Lana was different from the one I shared with her. Though she and Tarah been my go-to friends for years, Lana's been my cousin for most of my life. When we were miles apart we were still closer than ever. Tarah and Lana had a very cordial relationship because they were both editors for GULP once upon a time but also because they weren't insecure like Nicole. She just needed to see past my relationships with other people and focus on the one we had together.

The sound of Dwain laughing was the first thing I hear as I stepped into the master bedroom where I had my clothes. He was holding Yoanna and making silly faces at her as she smiled in amusement. I took a moment to enjoy this image so I could save it forever in my memory. He was going to be a great dad and an even better role model for our son. Nicole made our presence known and both Dwain and Lana look at us. He gently hands Yoanna back to her mother then walked over to kiss my forehead before dismissing himself.