CH. 8

LANA

"Every time you step in this office you serve me looks

"Every time you step in this office you serve me looks." Franklin says when I walked in.

I was feeling good about today. It wasn't raining anymore and everyone was so pleasant. Having Lee there allowed me to go home a little early and actually have a relaxing night. I took a soothing bubble bath then put on my lingerie to set the mood right. It was a beautiful night for me and my rabbit. I needed that orgasm so bad, just didn't have the time or a guy for it. I got eight full hours of sleep and I felt like I was stepping into every room for the first time and stealing the spotlight.

"You looked like you got lucky." Queen winks and she was kind of spot on, but I would never tell her.

"It's just a beautiful day, besides, Ginger Nolan is my cousin, I can't let her catch me slipping." I explain but they weren't trying to hear what I was saying.

"Wait, what's that." Lee ask out of no where as she walks over to Waylon who was sitting at his desk editing our photos from the other night. "Is that Lights on Elm Street?" She asked him.

"Lights on Elm Street?" Franklin looks up. "I was just there last night."

What? We didn't see him there at all. Both Waylon and I looked at each other quickly.

"Well did you see Lana and Waylon there?" She asked him as she looks more at the pictures.

"Yeah, we didn't see you there at all." I spoke to make it not look weird but I kind of felt like it was weird anyway.

"Of course not," Franklin brushes off. "A lot of people don't know that those lights represent which parties are going on, and these parties is not for Lana and Waylon unless they're trying to tell us something." Franklin smirks as he looks at me through the frame of his glasses.

"What would we have to tell you?" Waylon asked, just as confused as me.

"Maybe something that starts with the letters LGBTQ." Franklin hints and I almost burst into laughter until I saw he was serious. "Lights on Elm Street was created for us."

"Why were you two there together?" Lee ask with a smirk.

"It was for work. My brother told me about it, I wanted Lana to see it to approve it for the magazine." Waylon replies blankly. He definitely didn't do as much joking and stuff at work. He seemed much more hyper the other night. I remember going home thinking we may have sparked something but it was just my assumption.

"Lights gonna be in GULP??!" Franklin got excited. "I have to go call a few people, I'm going on an early lunch, may be a long one as well." Franklin exit without a goodbye but somehow I was still smiling at him. Queen went back to her computer and Waylon finished going through his pictures.

"So I gave the fact checkers the edited articles, I notified the receptionist that you're expecting someone at 2 pm, and your coffee has been sitting on your desk for about ten minutes now." Lee checks off her list. "Now let's discuss what you're wearing this weekend?"