CH.32

LANA

LANA

"I know you collect art, but do you paint at all?" Enzo ask me as we sat on the sand and looked up at the moon.

There was a moment today where I thought I wouldn't be right here. Yoanna had dug her face into my cone when I wasn't looking, while Waylon watched her the entire time, just enjoying it. His eyes met mine and at that moment, I thought something might have sparked, but I was wrong. Waylon's love for me came from his child's love for me and that was it. Honestly, I spent months dreaming about the day he and I would see each other again, he'd see Yoyo, and we'd pick back up where we left off, but it was always a selfish dream of mine. I knew Tatiana's place was just as permanent as mine. I knew that that night he lied and told me he had an emergency, instead of telling me that the woman he said was lying about her pregnancy had just suffered a miscarriage, that she'd earned her spot before me.

Sometimes I look at him and think that there's a part of him that wants to sit down and have that conversation about that one night, I thought last night was going to be that night, but Waylon always walks away. And guess what? Every time he steps away, Tatiana is there with open arms that he easily caves into. I needed to get back to the Lana I was before I met Waylon. I use to be fun and whimsical. Now all I ever did was spend time with Yoyo and my family, not that it was a bad thing, just that I use to do more. Enzo was a fair start, he lived up to my one hour rule of impressing me and I shouldn't be afraid to act on it. That's why I allowed him to speak to me privately when he asked. I could tell he wanted to go somewhere where Xan couldn't hear us. He was an attractive guy and obviously successful, the old Lana would have given him a chance, so he was the first step at getting back to the old me.

"I haven't painted in a while." I tell him honestly.

"Were you any good?" He ask with a cocky smirk.

"I like to think I very good." I giggle. "I just haven't felt inspired to paint in a very long time."

"This moon over this ocean isn't inspiring enough?" He ask, causing me to look it over. This moon only reminded me of how far away I was from my daughter. It made me feel more neglected than inspired. "Oh, I see, you're deeper than that."

"What do you mean?"

"You see the moon and the ocean in people's actions. You look deeper than the surface." Enzo replies.

"I thought you were an investor, not a psychologist." I joke and he laughs. The sound of music comes from where everyone else is and Enzo and I both look in their direction. Looks like the party was getting started, but I was kind of okay with staying right here.

"My mother was a child therapist, I was her most successful client." Enzo explains and I nod.

"It makes sense, my mother was an unpaid painter and my dad's a motivation speaker for the youth, I think they're both very proud of what I do."