CH. 29

TATI

TATI

I rub the sleep out of my eyes as I avoid contact with the rays shining through the windows. I had spent the night out drinking with my new found friend, Nicole, while Waylon had his own guys night. I think we both needed some time away from each other. It's been a while since things have felt this tense between us and I was hoping he felt as relieved as I did this late morning. I look at his side of the bed only to see that he wasn't there. I remember hearing him come in last night, he must have not been as wasted as I was. I find my robe before getting up to go find him. The master bath was empty, the kitchen didn't smell like anyone had been in there to make coffee, and the couch cushions were just as neat as I left them last night. I thought he was probably at the gym until I heard sounds coming from Yoanna's nursery.

I thought Lana was suppose to pick her up from Xan's place, I was hoping for a Sunday alone with my love. I walk in there to find Waylon getting her dressed while singing some song to her. He didn't even notice I was there watching until he finished up then picked her up to carry her out of the room. He looked surprised to see me but eventually smiled at me. I tried to enjoy the gesture without expressing my inquisitive thoughts. If he had her all night, how did he have a guys night? I was going to ask but opted not to when he kissed my forehead then walked into the living room. He was still singing to Yoanna, obviously in a good mood, as he turned the television on and began to relax. I don't know why I couldn't just accept his good energy at the moment but it ached me having to restrain myself.

I decide to fix myself a fresh cup of coffee to distract myself. Waylon asks me to make him one too as he flipped through the channels. Technically his mood is exactly what I wanted it to be after our past couple of days, but there was still something I couldn't put my finger on. He place Yoanna in her rocker near by before taking the hot mug of coffee from my hands. I take a seat close by and began sipping. Yoanna smiled up at me and it was habit to do it right back. I wave to her and she tries to reach out to grab my hand but I was too far away. I slide on the floor to sit closer to her to let her hold one of my fingers, while my other hand held my coffee.

"Looks like she grew over night." I speak first and Waylon agrees.

"She'll be crawling pretty soon." He responds. "Speaking of that, I went to look at a house the other day."

"I didn't know you were searching for one." I look up at him. "Is something wrong with the condo?"

"Nah, I just think a yard and pool would be nice to have for her as she gets older."

"There's a community pool here and you go to the park all of the time. I don't see any point of spending money on a new home." I add. He took a deep breath before replying.

"Do you not want to live in a beautiful house with me, with actual neighbors, and maybe get a dog?" He envisioned and I thought about.

"A little puppy would be nice." I tell him but that's it. I didn't care for neighbors or a house. I loved living in this condo, the view of the city was great and it made me feel like I was a celebrity or something.