CH. 17

DWAIN

DWAIN

Amid recent events, my parents arranged for Ginger and I to meet with their publicist so they could help figure out how to keep anything bad being said about GULP. I knew deep down they only really cared about the Nolan name being dragged but it was still good help. My parents team were very good and a little help never hurt anyone. I didn't like coming down to the production studio because it was always crowded with extras and workers but Ginger had no problem with it. She was more of a people person than me so she enjoyed the extra attention. That's one of the reasons I fell in love with her, her positivity radiates and it was something I could learn through her. I make sure to speak to my parents assistant, Norma, who I've know since high school. She's been around for a while and was the most kind and timid person I know that's still strong enough to put up with my parents demands.

"Dwain, it's so nice to see you. You look about the same age I was when I first started for your parents." Norma greets me with a hug that my wife was not very fond of. I don't think I've ever introduce them before so he reaction was no surprise. Although Norma was about ten years older than me, she still looked young and vibrant, enough to make any woman jealous.

"Norma, this is my wife, Ginger." I make sure to quaint them first because I knew Ginger wouldn't be kind to just anyone. "Norma is my parents assistant."

"That's right, you are married now. Its nice to meet you too Ginger." Norma shakes Gin's hand. "I apologize for missing your wedding. Diana and Dillion gave me the weekend off so I used the time to visit my own family."

"It's okay, everything went well as you can see." I assure her as I wrap my arm around Ginger's waist. "Are my parents in their office?"

"Yes, them and a bunch of people." She responds as she points the glass doors labeled Nolan's. I guide Ginger in the direction of the office and when I look at her I notice that she was still not impressed with Norma so I playfully nudge her.

"You look about the same age as I when I first started working for your parents." Ginger mocks Norma small and squeaky voice, causing me to chuckle. Her jealousy was something I learned to accept but it was also something we both agreed to never let get in the way of us.

Norma was right about a bunch of other people being there. The same people who were constantly in out home as a child was scattered among the office, everyone either into their phones or chatting. I was only expecting their publicist and thought maybe their manager, Richard, might be present. Yet, both of their lawyers, their party planner, and accountant were all there. Once my mother spotted us, she immediately walks over to greet us. She seemed more chipper than usual which really meant something bad might be in store. My mother was conservative then even my father, usually whenever she smiled like this, it meant she was planning something to major to manage. But knowing her, she'd do whatever to pull it off.