CH. 10

DWAIN

DWAIN

I've been playing this cat and mouse game of trying to find my brother for days but now that it was the weekend, I knew there was only one place he could be. There's nothing Decker loves more than parties and women and if he could get them both free of charge then even better. It wasn't too long ago since I been at the Shake Shack for my bachelor party although I didn't go to club too often. Security knew that whenever I walked in it was because I was looking for my brother. Joe, one of the bouncers point me in the direction of my brother and there he was sitting in VIP with a girl and a bottle.

Decker had a little entourage that I never approved of. To me, they always seemed like moochers and I knew for sure that they wouldn't be hanging with my brother if they didn't know who our parents were. When I notice that they're inside the booth, a part of me gets a little upset. I pulled out a few bills and told the stripper to disappear. I wanted to make sure I had his full attention when we had this conversation because it was going to be the last conversation like this we had.

"C'mon Dwain," Decker protest. "She wasn't even here for a full two minutes."

"Fuck her." I tell him plain and simple. "You know why I'm here, Deck." I could tell I caught him off guard by the look in his face. He finally decides to dismiss his friends.

"You're going to give me that loan?" He ask and I tried my best not to chuckle.

"No." I tell him. "Mom and Dad came to see me, we've all been calling you for like three days straight now."

"I was doing some business in Vegas, my cell tower must've not been working, but I'm back now." He replies then takes a swig from the bottle of alcohol. Decker's nonchalant attitude always pissed me off but adding that he was doing stupid stuff on top of that only made it worst. I snatch the bottle from him and then throw it on the floor in the middle of his VIP room. "The hell Dwain? You're paying for that too."

"How about you use that prop money to pay for it." I reply and again he looks surprised.

"Prop money?" He tries to play it off. "Why would I have prop money laying around?"

"You can cut that act Deck, Mom and Dad seen the video footage, they know it was you." I reveal. The guilt was readable, Decker always had a hard time at bluffing.

"Let me explain first."

"Please do," I tell him as I take a seat. "What type of use can you get out of a bunch of fake money?"

"You have to hear me out though, don't be all judgmental like you always is."

"Is that what we're calling it when I think you have a stupid idea?" I ask rhetorically.

"I got into a little trouble with some guys in Vegas a few weeks ago. It was nothing too major, just didn't fall through with a deal. Long story short, I owe them some money. I asked Mom and Dad to borrow the money and they only gave me partial. Then I ask you and you told me no. So then I had this bright idea to just use the prop money because it pretty much look like the real thing."