CH. 35

GINGER

GINGER

"So they basically want to benefit off the actual drama in our lives?" I raise my brow as my husband explained to me and my family, his parents idea.

He told me about it a few days ago but only now could I fully process it. I had plenty of reasons why I didn't want to do it, but if it was something my family wanted to do then I would consider it. My brother, Orion, was thinking about getting an apartment by UCLA instead of commuting from home to there, he could use the money. Orion rarely takes handouts from me or Dwain, I really wanted to help him out however I could, but I did admire his desire to hustle on his own. Dwain and I were talking about moving my mother into our home if he does decides to move. We didn't want her to live alone and she'd be great help for Leon. We probably wouldn't need to ever hire a nanny or babysitter if we did so.

"Sounds like it." Dwain shrugs truthfully. "But they also thinks it would be a good way to advertise all of our businesses."

"Tell Lana what you told me." I nudge him and he looked hesitant.

"They brought up the Waylon and Tatiana drama from last year, they think people would be interested in seeing what you've been up to since then." I knew he didn't even want to bring it up, but I had to make sure my cousin knew what she'd be signing up for.

"Well you can definitely count me out." Lana immediately says, just like I knew she would.

Jules was the only one who wanted to do it but that wasn't a surprise to anyone. Honestly, he needed his own reality show. That way someone could follow him around all day and we'd all finally have an idea of all the things he actually does. Someone finally changed the subject and we all went back to enjoying our Sunday dinner. Our little family was really starting to expand, pretty soon we were going to need a bigger table. The doorbell rang and Uncle Jericho took the initiative and went to answer it, then he returned with Yoyo in his arms and Waylon following shortly after. I haven't sent him in a while and for a second I forgot I was suppose to be mad at him. Lana told me about him rejecting her and everything in Hawaii and I was so disappointed in him. But on the other hand, the years he spent as GULP photographer, turned him into my friend and an even closer friend to my husband. He was like family now, I could be mad at him but I could never hate him.

"I saved you a seat." Lana tells him nonchalantly. She must of known I was going to have a reaction because she immediately looked at me with calming eyes. "I invited Waylon to dinner, I hope that's okay with everyone."

"It's okay, but—," Dwain kicks me lightly under the table and I easily took the hint.

"Waylon's always welcomed in my home and to my table." My mother says as she begins to load the plate in front of him with food.

"We were all just talking about out new adventures, you got any you want to share, son?" Uncle Jericho ask Waylon.

"Well, I moved into my new house." Waylon answers and everyone congratulated him. I didn't even know he was moving. "And I'm thinking about taking a break from working for a little while. I may even look into something different."