CH. 24

DWAIN

DWAIN

"Are you really going to make me ask?" Gin ask me as we lay in bed, watching a movie, while I rubbed her belly like we did every Sunday night. I had no idea what she was talking about and I was too in tune with this Invisible Man movie to try and guess. She pauses the movie and sits up, spilling the bowl of popcorn on me by accident. Now I had no choice but to try to read her mind and when I fell short, she hits me in the head with a pillow.

"What are you talking about woman?" I asked. She was no longer my gentle lifesaver, since she's been pregnant she's become a hardcore abuser.

"Do you think Waylon and Lana will be together eventually?" She finally ask and I shrug my shoulders.

"I don't know but I doubt it. We didn't talk about that and he sounded like he still wanted to work things out with Tatiana." I fill her in the best way possible.

"I think he still has a chance with Lana." She says. "I know her better than anyone and the look on her face when she saw him holding her for the first time says it all."

"Ginger, please don't go around putting those types of thoughts into Lana head. Last time, I thought I knew what Lana wanted and in the end, it ended up making her leave." I warn my nosy wife.

"That was you, not me. Besides, last time they didn't have a child to raise together." She replies and all I can do is sigh. "I never said that I was going to try to play cupid anyway."

"Alright then, so we can go back to the movie." I try to reach for the remote but she snatches it away. "What now?"

"Will you tell me if he says anything that would suggest he wants a relationship with Lana?"

"No." I say instantly and she throws the remote at my head. It barely misses me and I look at her like she has lost her mind. "Gin, it's not my place to be telling you his business."

"I'm your wife Dwain, we tell each other everything!" She screams and I instantly palm my face. Her emotions were all over the place these days, I was finding all kinds of way to deal with them. I pull her into my arms then kiss her forehead.

"I won't just blatantly tell you what we talk about, but I'll answer any questions you ask me about him honestly. Is that fair?" I ask her and she nods her head in agreement. "You want to go to In-N-Out and get some neapolitan milkshakes since you spilled all the popcorn?" She nods her head yes and I smile at her.

I loved her puffy face and crazy cravings but I'll be happy when she finally has this baby. I never knew what was going to happen and she had become very unpredictable. I can't even imagine her reaction when I surprise her with the new home I got for us. It was in more of a family friendly neighborhood and I was having all kinds of renovations done to it. The pool house was currently being turned into her own design studio for her brand and my mother and sister were decorating the entire house, including the nursery. Little does she know, everything she was purchasing to decorate the nursery at the place we stayed in now, we're slowly being sent to the new place. Our baby shower venue was actually our new home and she didn't suspect a thing.