CH. 1

ALANA PIERRE

"How do I look?" Ginger ask me once she covers her face with her veil

"How do I look?" Ginger ask me once she covers her face with her veil. It was a question I had become use to answering over the years. Ginger's appearance was everything to her so she never disappointed. Even in her ivory white dress made of lace and sheer she could make any other bride envy her.

"You look great but even if you didn't you're still going to go out there and marrying that man." I warn her with a wave of the finger and she smiled.

Aunt Rosie knocked on the door to let us know it was time for the bridesmaid to walk. Ginger took small breaths as she glanced at herself in the mirror. She was a beautiful bride and she knew that, I think she was more worried about being someone's wife. We've joked for years that we wouldn't be married till our thirties but out of no where she found someone to love her. I wanted to give her as much assurance as possible because she had my approval. I like Dwain a lot, he reminded me of myself. When I first met him he told me that he never even thought about marriage until he met Ginger. He lived the bachelor life for a long time until he hired Ginger and they both just fell for each other heavy.

Love is effortlessly. That was my mother's favorite quote whenever she told the story of how she and my father fell in love. She gave up everything, including her wealthy parents, to be with my father and not once has she regrets it. I wasn't looking for love, I was letting it find me and until it did, I was going to do whatever I felt like. I guess that's what happened to Dwain, he wasn't looking for her, they were brought together and couldn't be pushed apart. It was the type of love I honored, which is why I more than approved of this wedding. I rub her back before walking out and she smiles.

I took my place in the front of Nicole and Tara as the maid of honor. We walked down the hall and were met by the groomsmen and Dwain's parents. Everyone looked so nice in their blush and nude suits and dresses. Everyone fall in line, the same way we practiced and you could hear the music playing in the grand hall. The best man, Decker, stares at me with lust filled eyes then decides to compliment me before we began to walk into the ceremony. He was handsome and rich, but he was Dwain's younger brother which meant we were kind of cousins in law. The connections were too close which automatically turned me off. Besides, I didn't want to be a cliche with the maid of honor hooking up with the best man.

Awes and ohs were all we heard as we walked arm and arm down the aisle perimeter in flowers and chairs of people. Dwain looked vulnerable for the first time ever since I met him but overall he seem in anticipation. As he should. Ginger drove me crazy just to make it to this alter, he better loved everything about this wedding. When Ginger finally walked out, everyone was almost in tears, including myself. A powerful sense of positivity took over my body as I watched my Aunt Rosie and little cousin, Orion, walked Ginger down the aisle. When they said their vows to each other I actually shed some tears.

It wasn't like I didn't want to get married, I did. The hard part was finding my actual soulmate. I wanted a love story, but I knew I'd never get one if I just go around going crazy over every Prince Charming. Instead I set a one night time frame, I gave men literally 24 hours to hook me, but unfortunately I was a fish in the water. I wasn't upset about it, after all there's plenty of other fish like me out there and one of them was going to hook me. Until the day, I was going to just do things that made me happy and I really didn't care for what most other people had to say about me.