Chapter 10

"So yeah. Do you understand?" I ask Zeke.

"Uh, no." He shakes his head like a kid.

Again!

I've been explaining the same topic the whole night, at least three times, yet Zeke doesn't seem to catch it.

It's either he's plain dumb or he's not listening at all.

"Zeke!" I wail, "Are you even listening to me at all?"

"Yeah I am."

"It doesn't seem like it! I've been teaching the same thing three times! Three times! And still you don't get it." I stress on.

"You're making me feel dumb." He mumbles.

"Maybe because, you are dumb." I say.

He glares.

The room goes silent afterwards. I check the time and I realize it's already 12. I look back at Zeke who is staring into space.

"Stop staring! It's getting creepy."

I roll my eyes. My eyes then move to my shelf and just then, an idea pops into my mind. I jump off bed and run to shelf and take out a packet of skittles. Zeke told me that last time that, he likes skittles so much he can eat 5 to 10 packets a day.

Hopefully, this will do the trick and he'll grasp what I am teaching him.

"Skittles!" His eyes have literally now turned into the heart emoji. He reaches out to take it from my hand but I hit hand away.

"Not so fast. Answer one question correctly and I'm giving you all this."

He pouts, "But math is hard."

"Not it's not. If you don't want this, you can keep on thinking math is hard." I smirk.

With a frown he mumbles a, "Fine!"

"Good, that's the spirit." I smile.

So for the rest of the night, with the help of the skittles, I teach Zeke and I allow him to eat it when he manages to solve a question right.

He ends up eating everything with Zeke knowing how to solve algebra very well. I knew I was a good teacher; Zeke was just a teeny bit dumb.

"So, are you gonna go?" I ask him after we're done. At this point, it's already 2am.

"Yeah of course, just don't miss me too much." He gets up.

"But it's late. Do you want to spend the night here?"

"Oh, who knew Alexis Martinez wanted to get into my pants?" He smirks.

"You wish." I say, "Are you staying or not?"

"Okay, okay, I will. Since you practically forcing me."

I laugh as I shake my head slowly.

"Should I get you something to wear?" I ask.

"Sweetie, nothing of yours can fit me. Do you see these arms?" He flexes his biceps in front of me.

"You know what? Goodnight." I say when I know I'm getting nowhere with him. I throw myself on my bed.

But instead I fall on something. . . .

Hard.

I just fell on Zeke.

And before I know it, we both are rolling on the floor. I end up on Zeke, with his hand firmly on my waist.

My eyes bore into his. We start inching closer to each other with each passing second.