Chapter 7 - Sherlock's POV

"Alina ..." his voice trailed off as he dialled his brother phone number. After everything that had already happened, he thought she would have learned her lesson from their last encounter. Sometimes, one occasion is just never enough for some people. Perhaps, she needed to be reminded once more of what Sherlock was capable of. 

Whilst she was the most intelligent out of all of the Holmes family, Sherlock had something that she did not. Friends who were worth fighting for. Moriarty's daughter had the characteristics of a lioness, ready to pounce and prey on any meat she could find. Just like her father. Without ever truly knowing him, she had inherited his personality traits a lot more easily than he wanted to admit. 

"Yes, I need to speak to Mycroft," there was a woman on the other side of the phone, his secretary who always answered his phone for him. 

"Sorry, Mycroft is very busy right now, can you not leave a message?"

"No! I will not leave a message, put me on the phone to him right now,"
"I cannot do that, sir," she was getting adamant not to pass Sherlock onto his brother.

"Would your husband like to know where you were last summer?" he waited for her to respond, she certainly had the cat catching her tongue. "I thought not, pass me onto Mycroft."

"Right away, sir."

It always made Sherlock laugh when he saw how quickly people diminished when they hear the word 'husband' and 'last summer' or any season where they committed adultery. At least he was able to get the fun out of their situations, even though it was a rarely cruel thing to do. Just don't commit adultery and allow Sherlock to find out, that is always the best way. Still, Sherlock is an omnipotent being who always find out everything, in the end, there is nothing else he will ever stop being. 

She put Sherlock on hold going away to get Mycroft. As he waited, he grew even more impatient with the waiting. It was like trying to get through to the Government. Well, he was. The most important part of the Government, so my Mycroft always liked to suggest. 

When it came to important cases, Mycroft was the one they went to, and Mycroft gave them to Sherlock. Being so busy all the time gave Mycroft no time at all to solve the cases he gave Sherlock. As the older brother, he knew they would keep Sherlock very much intrigued all the way through, considering they were of importance to the Government. Even though Sherlock hated doing everything for the so-called Queen and Country, he took them. Especially when no other cases were floating around.

Apart from Mycroft, he was only ever fed cases by Scotland Yard. All the folders they disposed of in Sherlock mind constantly worked away like a machine he never stopped using. He never even stopped to enjoy the smell or taste of food and drink. Constantly beating himself down, addicted to the feeling of solving murders, serial killings and cases that got the brain whirring.

"Hello, brother mine,"
"Hello, big brother,"

"What did you call for? You know I am busy!" he snapped, the way in which Sherlock was talking to Mycroft was condescending for the older brother. 

"Taking care of the child whose mother you used. You can never make up for that Mycroft,"

"What would you know about that?" he had hit a nerve. A very tender one that was still healing. It had never fully settled in Mycroft's mind what had happened, he refused to admit he had a role in the boy's mothers death. "Why did you call, Sherlock?"

"Alina,"
"What about Alina? We had her put back inside Cudura, you know that as well as I do,"

"Well, she is out. Moriarty was here, in mine and John's apartment. She has something to do with the song we have been hearing from Moriarty, the song that you heard, it's hers. Moriarty heard it and he looks far from well,"