8. And If you're Missing Me

Syracuse, New York

                Cassie sat on the back step of the house when Natalie walked down to her, "You are up super early."

                "I went running this morning." Cassie said back to her.

                Natalie glanced back at her, "What is going on with you, kid?"

                "Christian stepped up big time and everyone is so happy for him and then there is me." Cassie glanced back at her.

                Natalie shook her head, "You are something special too Cassie. Don't give up on you just yet kid."

                Cassie watched Natalie walk into the house out of the corner of her eye.

                Cassie got up from the back steps and walked down the little path toward the back barn. She pushed open the barn door and saw the old car sitting on blocks.

                Cassie walked over to the old 1967 Mustang Shelby GT500.

                She stepped back as the rust bucket was all that it was, nothing but rust.

                Cassie glanced back at the house as she saw the people moving around.

                She turned back to the car as she pulled the barn door shut.

                Back at the Silverwood Estate, Aurelia walked down the long hallway with her head dropped down into the book that was reading.

                She stopped when she came to the bedroom door.

                She glanced up when she noticed the little light coming out of the room.

                She stepped back and looked around making sure it was actually coming out of the room.

                Aurelia pushed the door open as the curtains in the bedroom were waving back and forth.

                Aurelia rushed over to the window when she saw the candle burning.

                "Hey Aurelia, where are you?"

                Aurelia glanced back at the door as Graham walked up the steps. "I'm in here."

                Graham looked into the room, "Why are you in here?"

                "The window was open and this candle was burning." Aurelia glanced back at him.

                Graham nodded his head, "You know the old tales about candles right?"

                "They were lit to bring home the lost." Aurelia glanced back at the window.

                "Why don't you keep it burning and maybe she will come home."

                "She is dead."

                "You need some faith Aurelia." Graham nodded his head back at her as he went out of the room.

                Aurelia glanced down at the candle as she shut the window then placed the candle back on the window sill.

                "Please come home Jordana. Wherever you are, you are needed here."