10

"Since we wanna mess up our plays we're running some more laps! Mistakes like these won't help us win games!" Riko yells.

I look up from my YouTube video titled "Everything To Know About Basketball" and I see some team members on their hands and knees, some crouching down, and others buckled over catching their breathe.

Damn, she's being really rough on them today.

"Let's take a break for now, then we can come back and try again. You've got five minutes."

The boys disperse to different parts of the gym. I look down at my phone looking at my YouTube video again. Someone walks up and pulls my earbud out my ear. I look up and see Junpei standing there.

"Are you seriously watching those stupid YouTube videos again?" He asked with a chuckle.

Taiga walks up to us as he chugs the last of his water bottle.

"Hey, I told you not to judge me if you don't wanna teach me yourself!" I state.

"What doesn't he wanna teach you?" Kagami asked as he sits on the bench next to me.

"Basketball stuff."

"Maybe Tiger can teach you." Junpei jokes.

I gasp and Kagami sighs.

"See Y/n, now you've got other people callin' me Tiger."

I disregard what he's said and I grip his arm.

"Hey! Teach me the basics of basketball? Please!"

Kagami shakes his head no and then looks at me.

"I'm a strict teacher." He says slowly.

I-

Junpei looks from Kagami, me, and then back at Kagami. I'm shocked for a second but then I'm smiling.

I turn my body towards Kagami and I lean forward a bit.

"I'm a strict student." I challenge.

Kagami smirks at me and I swear I see his eyes flicker to my lips for a second.

"What did I tell you guys-?!" Junpei pushes my body back a couple of feet away from Kagami. "Four feet at all times!"

He then starts to ramble on about being able to teach me in order to stop whatever is happening here.

Riko blows her whistle and Junpei stops his rambling. He lifts his glasses up on his face and then walks back onto the court.

Kagami gets off the bench and stretches his back out.

"Think about it? Yeah?"

"Sure thing."

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

The next morning I walk into my Social Studies class and take my seat. There's a substitute teacher her for Ms. Kisama and I'm a little relieved to see them. The instructions for today are written on the board. The substitute takes attendance and then sits at the desk.