17

A few weeks pass by and our first few games go by quickly and before I know it, we're at our last four games.

We finish those games with a breeze and now it's Winter break. Once we return from break, we have one practice before facing Tōō Academy in the first round of the winter cup series.

Currently, I'm with Riko in the hot springs.

We just sit there in silence relaxing our tense muscles after this stressful last push of games and practices.

"Yeah, this is nice!" Riko states as she lowers her head under the water for a second.

She comes back up from the springs and turns to look at me.

"I have a question." Riko states.

I turn towards her and nod my head signaling for her to continue.

"You and Junpei are close, right?"

I nod my head again.

"Yeah, we're pretty close." I state. "Why?"

Riko hesitates before speaking again.

"If I were to, I don't know, ask him to go on a date sometime...do you think he'd say yes?"

"Yes!" I reply way too quickly. I clear my throat and then speak again.

"I-I mean- yes...he most likely would say yes."

Riko nods her head.

"Maybe I'll ask him after we win finals. Don't wanna distract him from the games."

I nod my head too.

Riko glances at the bamboo fence that separates the boys from the girls side.

"One more question..." Riko says.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"You see those boys peeking at us through that crack in the wall too, right?"

I glance at the fence and see an eyeball looking through it.

I lower myself into the water some more and nod my head.

"Yes, someone's definitely trying to peek."

Riko gets out of the hot spring pool and I follow her. I grab my towel and wrap it around my body.

We both walk back into the changing room and change back into our regular clothes.

Somehow we sneak into the boys sauna room unnoticed.

We walk up to the boys who are looking through the hole and Riko stands there hands on her sides.

"Looks like you're having fun!" She states with a smile. "Would you boys mind if I joined in too?"

Their bodies visibly tense up and they all begin to mumble nervously under their breaths.

They all shake in their skins mumbling nonsense to themselves.