31

After school, I meet up with Junpei at our spot. We walk to the gym together.

"You have a good day?" Junpei asked.

"It was cool. Tiger and Izuki got me some flowers." I state with a smile.

Junpei smiles back at me. Once Taiga joins us, we head to the gym for practice.

———

The next three weeks of school fly by. It's filled with studying for midterms and work, so I don't really have time to think about moms death. I'm occupied with other things, which I'm grateful for. She wouldn't want me to sit around sad, because no matter how sad and hurt I am, it won't bring her back.

Currently, the school day is over, and I am walking to the gym for practice. Kagami and Junpei are also with me.

Riko has some after school work again, so I'm running practice today.

When I make it to the gym, I place my backpack on my a nearby bench and then grab my whistle and clipboard from it.

The boys are shooting around, messing around, or just hanging around the gym. I give them until Junpei and Tiger are done putting on their stuff before I blow my whistle and they all look at me.

"Alright...get out of your slides and put your shoes on, LET'S GO!"

Kagami glances at me and pulls me into a quick kiss and hug before jogging onto the court.

"Kagami, lead us in stretches." I state.

"Yes ma'am." Kagami states.

He leads the team in some stretches and then I make them stand in a straight line by the free throw line.

"Okay the person at the line is going to shoot their shot. If they make it, pass the ball to the next person. If not, shoot a free throw until you make it."

I blow the whistle and they start the drill. Most of the team misses their shots.

"Come on guys!! Free throws are free points. Practice makes perfect." I clap at them.

I let them continue the drill and then we move on to running some plays. I give them a quick ten minute break and then I end practice with a 5V5 full court game.

As practice ends, everyone changes back out of their basketball shoes. I wait for Junpei and Kagami on the bench. I've just finished putting my whistle and clipboard back into my backpack.

While I stand up, Kagami walks over to me.

He has his shirt hanging over his shoulder and his backpack is on his shoulder too. He has his duffel bag slung around his shoulder as well.

Taiga pulls me into a hug. I scrunch my face up as his sweat covers my body.

"Ew! Babe, please let go!" I giggle as I try to push him away.

This is his new thing. He will hug me after running for an hour and getting super sweaty and smelly.

Kagami chuckles and let's me go. I wipe my face and groan.