24

Kagami, Junpei, and I all make our way to the park.

Once we arrive, we see Riko driving the ball in for a layup. She loses control of the dribble, but then regains it and makes the layup.

"You got room for three more?" Kagami asked once we get close enough to her.

Riko turns around and squeals happily.

"OH MY GOSH, TAIGA?!" She runs to Kagami and smacks him on the head. "That's for not telling me you were leaving!"

Kagami rubs his head and winces in pain.

"Seriously?" Kagami grunts. "Did you really have to hit me?"

He turns towards me and motions his head towards Riko.

"Fight her for me, babe."

I look back at Kagami in shock.

"I would never do such a thing..." I shake my head. "Riko is my friend."

Kagami chuckles and Riko teasingly sticks her tongue out at him.

"Come on, let's play." Junpei replies in between laughs.

"Wait...what's the teams?"

I look at Junpei, who's looking at Riko, who's looking at Kagami, who's looking at me. We're all looking at each other.

"Girls against boys?" Kagami suggest.

Riko shrugs.

"Why not." I agree. "We can go to ten points."

Me and Riko start with the ball.

I dribble to my right and Kagami plays defense on me. Since I can't get around my 6'3' boyfriend, I pass the ball to Riko.

She attempts to make a shot over Junpei, but he easily blocks it.

I look at the two of them, Riko is about 5'1, while Junpei is at least 5'9.

Maybe this wasn't a good idea... I think to myself.

I run towards the direction of the ball and Taiga is caught off guard. I grab the ball before Kagami can. Before he has a chance to re catch his footing, I drive the ball in and make a shot from the top of the key.

"One Zero." I state.

Junpei shakes his head and Kagami walks over to him.

"How did you, as a six foot man, let my five foot and whatever inch sister, get the ball before you?!" Junpei asked Kagami.

"Damn it-!" He says softly. "She was too fast."

Kagami hangs his head low and Junpei smacks his head.

"Stop letting her distract you!" Junpei says.

Kagami rubs his head and says sorry to Junpei and I walk over to them.

I hit Junpei on his arm.

"Don't hit him anymore! You and Riko have hit him enough today."

Kagami looks at me lovingly and I smile at him.

"So, winners or losers ball?" Riko asked.

Kagami and Junpei open their mouths to speak.

"Definitely winners!" I speak first.

Riko starts with the ball this time and I cut towards the basket. Kagami's close behind me so I cut in towards Riko and set a screen so Junpei runs into me.

Riko dribbles around us and attempts the shot, but Kagami tips the shot from behind her making it miss.

If they get the ball, it's over! They'll score ten points in a row!

I run for the rebound and Riko does the same. The hall grazes my hand but Junpei grabs it from me.

He passes to Kagami who's by the three point line. Kagami shoots the three. He almost makes it but it bounces off the rim and into Rikos hands.

She makes a layup.

"Stupid double rim." Kagami says as he shakes his head.

Me and Riko keep on scoring, but Kagami and Junpei are actually playing now that we have game point.

I turn my back towards Kagami and attempt to post him up. Despite how close we are together, he plays defense and doesn't get distracted.

He reaches to steal the ball.

"Sorry Babe." He states at he grabs the ball and shoots a jumper.

I turn to Riko who's laughing.

"You know we've just lost, right?" Riko asked me.

I nod my head.

"Yeah, we definitely lost!" I laugh with her.

We were right, Junpei and Taiga didn't let us touch the ball after that and they scored ten points in a row.

"Switch the teams, me and Junpei." Riko says.

Kagami raises his hand for a high five.

"Come on, let's win this." Kagami says.

I nod my head determined.

"You guys can start with the ball." I say to Junpei.

Riko and Junpei pass the ball back and fourth to each other with me in the middle of them. It's like a mini game of hot potato that I didn't sign up for.

They stop passing to each other and Riko takes a shot. She misses and the hall flies into the air.

I run and look up at the ball trying to see where it's going to land. I run into someone and fall on the floor.

I hear Kagami fail to restrain a laugh and I giggle.

"Are yo- are you okay?" Kagami asked in between laughs.

He holds his hand out for me and I reach for it letting him help me off the floor.

"I'm alright, thank you."

Kagami nods and smiles. I can tell he's still trying to stop himself from laughing.

"Stop it!" I laugh with him.

"I'm sorry! It's just the way you fell, it keeps replaying in my head!"

Kagami laughs harder and I laugh with him.

"Yeah no, it was pretty funny!" I say as we jog back to Riko and Junpei.

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Word Count: 905