21

The next week flies by. I got paid this week, so I decide on buying myself some new clothes for school. I put most of my money into my savings account.

After I hang up my new clothes and clean up my room, I make my way into the kitchen and start to wash the pile of dishes that are in the sink. It takes me like thirty minutes to fully wash, dry, and put them away.

While I'm putting the last of the dishes away, I hear the front door open and then close.

I'm assuming it's Junpei because he had somewhere to go this morning, I'm not sure where though.

I put the last of the dishes away and then I begin to walk towards my room.

I keep on walking back to my room but I run into Junpei on the way there.

He's standing near my room door. He glances up at me and steps closer to my room door.

I raise an eyebrow at him, looking at him suspiciously.

"Are you...lost or something?" I ask as I reach him.

Junpei shakes his head. He doesn't hold eye contact with me and he keeps lifting his glasses up on his face.

I try to step around him, but he blocks my path. We repeat this a couple of more times.

"Junpei!" I yell his name frustrated. "What are you doing?"

"I just need you to wait here for another..." he trails off thinking. "Two minutes."

I stare at him a blank look on my face.

"...No? I'm going in my room?" I say slowly.

Junpei waves his hands in the air.

"Just give me one more minute." He states frantically.

"DADDD-!" I yell.

Junpei steps forward and covers my mouth, my screams now muffled by his hand.

"Dads not here, save your breath." Junpei sighs.

"Wouldyoujust, trust me?"

I stop yelling and cross my arms.

"I'll give you ten more seconds to do whatever the hell it is that you're doing."

I wait five seconds and then count down.

"Five...four...three...two...one."

"Alright, if your surprise isn't ready don't say I didn't try to stop you." Junpei states.

He steps to the side and I mumble a thank you.

I open my room door and what's inside shocks me.

"Wha-!" I yell out in shock.

There's a huge bouquet of flowers on my bed along with a huge teddy bear.

I pick up the flowers confused. The bouquet is so huge that I can't see what's in front of me.

I carefully turn and walk towards my door.

"Hey Junpei, who sent thes-?"

My sentence is cut short because I run into Junpei on accident.

"Sorry Junpei."

"It's alright." Junpei states.

He grabs the flowers from me and my eyes widen when I see who's standing next to him.

"Taiga!" I smile.

Kagami smiles back at me and I run into his arms hugging him tightly.

"What're you doing here?" I asked as I break the hug.

"I cut my training short so I could come back a week early."

I turn towards Junpei and he has an 'I told you so' look on his face.

"So that's where you went this morning!"

"Yeah," Junpei states nodding slightly. "I'll let you two catch up."

Kagami turns towards Junpei and holds his fist out to him.

"Thanks for helping me out man." Kagami states.

"Anytime." Junpei states as they fist bump.

Junpei walks upstairs and into his room and I pull Kagami in for a quick peck on his lips.

"I've been gone for weeks and all I get is a peck on the lips?" Kagami asked as he smirks down at me.

I giggle as Kagami pulls me in closer to him. He tucks a piece of hair behind my ear looking deeply into my eyes. I slowly lean in and Kagami does the same. My eyes flutter closed once our lips meet.

Kagami parts his lips slightly and I slide my tongue into his mouth. I can feel his heart racing in his chest as I lay a hand on it.

I deepen the kiss as I wrap my arms around his neck. Kagami let's out a soft grunt and places a hand on my lower back. He pecks my lips once, twice, and then he presses his lips to mine again. Because we both need air, I start to pull away from the kiss and Kagami bites my bottom lips softly as I do.

I feel my cheeks heat up at his actions and Kagami smiles at me again.

"You're so pretty." He states as he caresses my cheek.

I lean into his touch and hum.

"Thank you, handsome."

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Word Count: 789