𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫..

* * *

* * *

❝ let's have an adventure
head in the clouds
but my gravity centered
touch my neck
and i'll touch yours
you in those little
high waisted shorts..❞

* * *

jae's pov

i haven't been able to sleep.

instead i found myself counting the hours down on the stupid digital clock on my bedside table; 3 am, 4 to 5 and 6 to 7... 8 and 9, and finally 10. none of the hours gifted me what i was hoping for; a wink of sleep, which was seflishly consumed by my mind that was full of more thoughts than usual but how was i supposed to sleep when i couldn't possibly forget the event that had occured at such an early time in the morning?

as i laid there in my bed, staring at my ceiling my mind was still occupied; thinking about the boy in the room next to me.

should i have just stayed in my room and allow yosef take care of it?

should i have pushed him away, even when he was the one grabbing onto me?

did i do something wrong, and most important of all what's wrong with him? especially if it was violent enough to make him scream so loud. even if i did do something wrong by trying to reach out, i couldn't help it. the way that his whole entire body shook in a cold sweat, or the desperate, weak-sounding cries he let out; they affected me way too much. however, they did not match his tough personality that he put back into uniform as soon as he snapped out of it, which made me think..

could it perhaps be a smoke screen for the person that he truly was? was it that he was just in need of help?

i closed my eyes that felt as if they were sagging due to the lack of sleep i had gotten, exhaling deeply before i heard a knock on my door.

"breakfast!" i heard yosef shout, giving me absolutely no chance to chase after the distant dream of the hope of getting anymore sleep. i couldn't help but to groan in frustration, begrudgingly dragging myself out of my bed before i snatched my glasses off of my bed table. without them, i can barely see my own hand and while contacts are alright, i prefer glasses.

"you look horrible, the hell's wrong with you?" yosef tutted lightly as i walked into the hallway, past my uncle who i didn't even respond to, posessing the knowledge of the fact that the playful man was simply jestering towards me. still, exhaustion was so heavy on my shoulders that i did not even have the heart to partake, instead just stumbling into the kitchen in a tired stupor as i took a seat down at the table of food.

i occupied myself with zoning out, staring at the wall before i was joined with two others, one of which easily caught my attention in a way that seemed to shake off my exhaustion. he sat across from the table from me, his disheveled curls a complete mess as he stifled a soft yawn. i eyed the boy across the table, observing how chaotic his morning appereance was, somewhat awed by how he managed to make it look beautiful.