𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧...

❝ i know you've been through iti know you've been going through iti know these other girlscan't do it like i do iti know you ain'tused to it- to thebetter things

❝ i know you've
been through it
i know you've been
going through it
i know these other girls
can't do it like i do it
i know you ain't
used to it- to the
better things .. baby
you deserve the better things ❞

***

jae's pov
𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤; 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐚𝐲.

"wow. who would've known that you could cook?"

i stay silent at the dinner table, zoning into the distance as once again i find myself full to the brim with a deep nerve originating from the boy who sits across from me. not even the steady pace at which my leg bounces up and down underneath the table can distract me, or the apprehension that is frozen in my system for tonight.

tonight- the night that i hope that i've planned as perfectly as humanly possible. multiple times i have gone over this plan in my mind, and it still seems a bit far-reached but i can only seem to hope that the boy will hear me out..

right? especially after this week when it seems like he's only gotten stronger in his advances, though i've been playing it kind of safe- observing from a distance while i let him do whatever he wants to me, like usual.

"i know how to cook a lot of things," indigo responded, catching my attention as i resume back into the conversation that was being held at the dinner table. "and bake too. my dad and mom taught me a lot about spices and stuff."
"it definitely payed off," yosef aided- and he was right. the dish that indigo had prepared for us was very simple due to the fact we had to beg him in the first place, but it was sincerely good and i ate more of it than i probably should've, considering i have a game very soon. "what's it called again?"
"sancocho, but i fucked up the recipe so it's honestly just gumbo with rice."
"can you teach me how to make it?"
"i can try," the seventeen year old snorted in a somewhat sarcastic manner before his eyes meet mine and i can't help but to feel my heart plunge with my plans for tonight in mind. in fact, the plunge is so deep i find myself actively trying not to self-sabotage and completely strip my mind of the intentions i have for tonight and just give up. "too spicy for you jae?"

i can't help but to allow a small chuckle at indigo's unwaveringly rough disposition before i shake my head, nodding to the spotlessly cleaned bowl that my meal was once held in.

"does it look like it? it was good." i tell the boy who simply just bats his eyelashes, staring over at me with silence that inflicts such nerve on my heart it's like i could pass out.

maybe he knows.
god- what am i gonna do if he knows already? did i make it obvious, or was i doing the opposite? and if i was did it-

"jae. thinking about your game tonight?" yosef wonders, abruptly snapping me out of the thoughts that had quickly began to pile up on me.
"uh.. yeah."
"how're you feeling?"
"fine," i shrug. "pretty normal."
"you got a game tonight?" indigo asks, quickly drawing my attention away from yosef onto the boy who watches me intently. i just nod in fear that the words that i want to say to him will come out all mumbled and stupid- as per usual. "hm."
"...do you wanna come?" i mumble, disregarding his stare as i instead glance at ceiling. "since, you know yosef is abandoning me for a night shift and all-"