𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

❝ baby, you get the best of me

whatever is left for me
stretchin' like elastic,
every little bit of me stretchin.
anything less, you won't accept-
so i give you the best of me❞

***

𝐚 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫; 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐲.
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

"tulips?"

a stream of water poured directly into the beautiful, glass vase that the baby blue flowers were placed in, spilling slowly out of the cup that indigo held, replenishing the flowers he had been extremely devoted to; despite the fact boquets of flowers were known to last long, indigo had somehow made sure that they stayed healthy. jae stared over at the seemingly gentle boy who placed the cup back down when the flowers had been tended to before sitting back down at the table where him and his uncle were seated.

"mhm." indigo nodded in response to yosef's inquiry, who observed the flowers sitting directly in the middle of the table, bringing a freshness to the room that it didn't usually present. of course, it was somewhat unexpected of indigo to make that change- in other words, yosef defintely wouldn't have expected the boy who showed up to his house with bandaged fists to be putting flowers on his table a few months later.

something in him had changed and it was quite obvious from his fairly calm demeanor. indigo was a boy of few words; of course, if you tried hard enough you could get a conversation out of him and for yosef, it wasn't that difficult considering they had grown closer. however, his previous demeanor was incredibly negative; the air around him screamed that he'd rather be anywhere else than where he was at, doing something different. he never looked as if he had the patience to actually think about calming himself. even if he never acted on his aggression, the untargeted anger was constantly apparent in his stiff body language.

now, it seemed as if he had relaxed. in a way, his eyes were softer. intimidating, sure, but softer and yosef wondered why the boy seemed so content and fine with eating breakfast with them all of a sudden. of course, him being comfortable was the main reason yosef had fostered and decided to look after him but it was somewhat a shocker that he had actually lowered his guard enough to trust his motives, and the older man couldn't help but to wonder why.

"they're quite beautiful." yosef smiled as he watched the boy with the blue streak in his for once tamed black curls eat breakfast. "where'd you get them from?"

indigo may have been good at putting up a smoke screen that many others couldn't get behind, but yosef lee was just as good as slipping right behind it.

perhaps it came from raising his nephew as his own son, teaching him how to do everything his deadbeat brother did not accomplish, and raising him to be the best that he possibly could. jae hadn't changed much. he was just as reserved as he was as a wide-eyed child, keeping his thoughts to himself and stacking them up so high they eventually turned unhealthy. what jae didn't know was that yosef was easily able to see his every thought; when he felt insecure, when he felt angry, pressured, sad..