𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

❝ baby, you get the best of me

whatever is left for me
stretchin' like elastic,
every little bit of me stretchin.
anything less, you won't accept-
so i give you the best of me❞

***

𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.

"are you sure?"

the ever so slightly wide-eyed brunette whom sat across from his boyfriend on his bed watched in a somewhat nervous anticipation as indigo stared over at him with a raised brow.

"yeah.. i said i wanted to." jae allowed calmly, watching as the boy squinted his eyes at him. when indigo could find no signs of dishonesty, he scooted even closer to jae who's heart felt like it would tear out of his chest with the rapid momentum it beat at but never once did he lose the façade of placidity, worn across his nonchalant features.
"okay. i'm just trying to make sure you're not just saying yes cause you feel like you have to. shit, i can smoke this whole thing alone if i need t-"
"no, it's fine." jae interrupted quickly before the boy made up his mind.

the truth was, if jae was with anybody else, even the boy he had known and been friends with since middle school, he would've most definitely declined politely. then, he would've exited while he allowed them to do whatever they wanted; as long as it didn't involve him. the sixteen year old was genuinely a poster child; despite his numerous opportunities, he found himself completely clean of any experience with alcohol, drugs, or anything that came with it in junior year, which was not so easy living in such a large city. the only reason why he was even giving a passing thought to smoking now was because of the boy who offered it. in no ways had indigo pressured him into it- he simply found that when it came to the older boy, it didn't take much for him to want to completely abandon the ways he had stuck to for so long. if he could, he wanted to experience anything and everything with indigo, even if it was something he had been taught to stay away from.

"mhm." indigo hummed somewhat sarcastically as he placed the already lit blunt in-between his lips, taking an inhale. despite the strength of what he was smoking, indigo was used to it, narrowing his eyes as he blew smoke through his nostrils. cocking his head ever so slightly to the side, the somewhat intrigued senior offered the item to jae, who despite proclaiming his willingness was not fooling anybody with the lost expression on his face. "it's strong, so don't overdo it."
"okay." jae accepted quietly, taking it from indigo who watched him a bit too intently for his comfort. it was already nerve-wracking enough to have him there in the first place; now, his obsidian orbs seemed to engulf him so deeply he couldn't even look away. however, indigo did not draw his eyes away, observing as jae copied his exact movement. as soon as he inhaled, the alluring smoke seemed to circle deep in his chest. he could immediately feel the new sensation of the drug's strength; it was one he didn't expect at all but it didn't feel bad... still, it was bit strong for the unexperienced boy so it was no surprise that he began to cough almost as soon as he drew away.