𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧...

❝ look, i lovehis curvesbut what's more preferredis the wayhe articulates wordscan't help butobserve and starewhen he inthe mirror ❞

❝ look, i love
his curves
but what's more preferred
is the way
he articulates words
can't help but
observe and stare
when he in
the mirror ❞

***

jae's pov
what the hell is going on here?

between the girl on my right who drains my whole entire will to live with the pure rage in her deep, colorless eyes and the boy who clings onto me as if he actually needs me... needs my help, i can't tell. the only thing that i can feel in the situation are the sharpness of indigo's pointed, black stilettos that are probably sharp enough to cut my shirt if he really tried. i can feel the buzzing of my clouded mind that goes blank instead of giving the answer.. the obvious one.

"i'm sorry len.." i apologize in a murmur, not helping the guilt in my system as i began to slowly distance myself away from my outraged girlfriend who's face was dyed a whole entire different color- a deep red- as she stood in sheer silence."i need to take him home."

despite the guilt that echoes in my voice, i can't find help but to find myself questioning whether or not i truly feel bad. i know that it means that i'm a piece of shit, but my only real priority is the one in my arms regardless of his missing feelings, regardless of my relationship status. even holding him in my arms as i part from the silent girl feels like everything i've ever wanted and more; something that i can only hope to feel more of, knowing that i'll never be able to acquire it on my own.

i know it makes me an asshole, but i'd choose him any day.

***

"there," i murmur as i steer indigo into my bedroom, which he made it clear he preferred. "you should take a nap so you can calm down, y'know?"

during the ride home, indigo was weirdly silent. no matter how hard i tried, i could not get a word out of him. i guess he's shaken up, but it doesn't exactly seem so.. in fact, it seems like the opposite as he stands by my bed. the blank stare that the boy with a tearstained face gives me perplexes me beyond knowledge before he clears his throat.

"there were no guys," indigo says blatantly. my eyes immediately widen in disbelief as i watched him somewhat carelessly climb into my bed. "sorry."

huh?

what?
what could he possibly even mean by that?? sure, i know what he means but that would technically mean that everything was fake- the sniffles, the tears, the sobs-

the way he grabbed me.

"sorry- what?" i ask, taking immense measures not to raise my voice to a violent level as i stare over at him, who sits peacefully unbothered on my bed as if he has less than a care. "then- then what the hell was that?"