𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲..

❝ and you got me like , oh-what do youwant from me?and i tried to buyyour pretty heart,but the price too high

what do you
want from me?
and i tried to buy
your pretty heart,
but the price too high.. ❞

***

𝐣𝐚𝐞'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯.
𝐬𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐝𝐚𝐲 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠.

my conscious is stifled into existence and away from sleep by the sound of heavy raindrops beating down on the roof. opening my eyes doesn't really do much for me; without my glasses, all i can see is blurs and blotches of colors where my surroundings are supposed to be. sometimes, i find it calming to not be able to see; other times i don't, like this morning. i immediately go to reach for my glasses, but i'm held back by the tight grip on my lower waist.

i exhale for a moment before i continue to reach, whisking my glasses off the bedside table and putting them on. relief floods me as i am finally able to define the shapes and objects in my room, turning around and glancing down at the slumbering boy who holds onto me so tightly it's almost hard to move. it's ironic to think that when he is fully conscious, he's so extremely aware of how he approaches me when it comes to something like laying on me, super cautious and thinking he'll crush me or something- however, when he's sleep it's completely different. his legs tangle in mine, he lays freely on me with his hand nearly sticking in my mouth and like a child, he often makes small noises in his sleep- some of them wake him up, but he almost always goes right back to sleeping like a log after making weird eye contact with me in the middle of the night.

he also tends to drool; quite a bit.

i run my hand through his soft, black curls, caressing his silky tufts of hair. he lets out a small noise before seeming to move closer- if that's even possible- and his chubby cheeks squish up against my chest, causing his mouth to slightly open. i can't help laughing at him a little bit but still, the good sleep he's getting is a relief to see after having to coax him into it.

to be honest, i had no idea that indigo was worried about any of the things he broke down over last night; he always seems so self-assured when it comes to not only himself, but our relationship and it's always been that way- he's never really needed reassurance about things, so to see him worry over the fact that he was scared that i might leave him behind left a hurt in my heart that i can still feel this morning.

how could i ever leave you?

i caress the boy's soft skin, watching as he seems to subconsciously stiffen before relaxing. compared to me, he's quite small but he's good at deflecting it with such a large personality. i simply stare at him, soaking up his sun-kissed features etched with perfection and his lovable bedhead before softly shaking his shoulder. the effect is immediate; for such a heavy sleeper, all it takes for his eyes to open is a few shakes.