-3-

*Note: Hey guys, if you're reading as I'm updating, I added a TW on the first chapter and in the summary. I'll add it again here one last time.

⚠️TW: This story contains physical and emotional abuse⚠️

Song: "Warning Signs" by Alex Blue (formerly known as Alex G)

**

"No way, Lindsay did that?" Heather laughed as she talked to Courtney on the phone in her bedroom. "She's so-" another phone call interrupted the conversation. "Hey Courtney, can I call you back? Thank you." She picked up. "Hi, babe."

"Hey, love. How does a date at 6:00 sound?"

"Depends on what we're doing," she teased.

"Whatever you want."

"Hmm, I think takeout sounds good."

"Will your parents be home when I pick you up?"

"My mom will. Remember, my dad's on another one of his stupid business trips."

"Oh yeah. Make sure you look your best because I want to take you out to the city."

"Really? Holy shit! I'd love that, Chandler!"

"I knew you would. I'm excited to see you, Heather."

"Me too! I'll see you soon!"

"You too, love you, babe!"

"Love you too!" She hung up and couldn't help but squeal. She hadn't been out to the city in months because she never had time anymore.

"Heather, what are you doing up there?" her mother asked sharply from downstairs.

"I'm excited!"

"That's a first!"

"Bitch," she muttered to herself, getting up and looking for the perfect outfit to wear for the night.

Her mom opened her bedroom door and saw her looking through her closet. "I hope you're not planning on going out tonight. My parents are visiting for dinner."

Heather rolled her eyes dramatically. "I'm going out with Chandler."

"No, you're not. We already made plans."

"News flash—I don't care."

"News flash, you still live in my house."

"Mom, you know I can't stand grandma and grandpa!"

"You can't stand anyone!"

"I'm going with my boyfriend tonight, and there's nothing you can do to stop me."

"—Fine! Then I hope you know we won't miss you tonight!"

"Ok? I won't miss you either!"

"Spoiled brat," she muttered before slamming her door.

Heather glared after her. She called Courtney back. "Hey!" Courtney answered. "How'd your call with Chandler go?"

"He's taking me out tonight!" She beamed happily.

"Where?!"

"To the city!"

"Oh my god!! Really?!"

"I haven't been there in forever because my parents hate me!"

"I seriously doubt that."

"You have no idea. My mom told me she would never take me back there because I got upset about how I looked in one pair of shorts! Like, she always expects me to love my body just because I'm related to her. It's so stupid!"