-13-

⚠️TW: Rape⚠️

Song: "Love The Way You Lie- Part III" by Skylar Grey

**

"There is no way you have all A's." Chandler kissed Heather's shoulder. They were cuddling in her room with the tv playing in the background.

"What can I say? I'm a genius?" Heather smirked.

"You're right about that. That's why I have you do my homework. I wish I could be as smart as my baby," he breathed in her ear, nibbling on it.

She giggled as goosebumps traveled up her body. "Mmm," she hummed in content and intertwined their hands.

Chandler stared at her engagement ring. "That looks so beautiful on you."

Heather blushed. "I know. You picked out the perfect diamond."

"I want everything to be perfect for my love."

She smiled, rubbing his hand. "You know what we should do? We should play a board game."

Chandler raised an eyebrow. "A board game?"

"Yeah. I think it would be fun. Or maybe a card game, like uno."

"Alright." He smiled.

"We have uno in the closet downstairs. I'll go get it!" Heather got up and headed downstairs.

Seconds after she was out of sight, her phone lit up with a text. Chandler rolled over on her bed and picked it up from her nightstand. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw the name Alejandro at the top. He read the message.

Alejandro: Wanna meet up Friday at our usual time?

"—What the fuck?" He whispered sharply to himself. He decided to scroll up to some of their earlier messages.

Alejandro: I still think I won that singing contest😉

Heather: You're kidding yourself. I totally won!

Alejandro: I don't think so, chica😌

Heather: Why do you have to use so many emojis?

Alejandro: Because it creates more emotion😁

Heather: Ugh. You loser

Alejandro: I am not a loser. However, your remark did not offend me, hermosa😘

Heather: Nothing offends you🙃

Alejandro: I caught you using an emoji!😃

Heather: Shut it!

Chandler couldn't read any further. To him, this was already enough proof that Heather was cheating, or at least seeing another man without his permission. He clenched his jaw and fists, ready to punch Alejandro. Who the fuck does he think he is, flirting with MY woman?! And Heather—she fucked up. She really fucked up. She knows the rules, and she deliberately defied me. Before I confront her about this, I have to learn more about this Alejandro guy. Chandler heard Heather coming back upstairs and quickly sat her phone back down. "Did you find it?"

"Yep!" She smiled, showing him the box of Uno cards.

"Alright, let's play! I bet I can beat you," he teased, putting on a fake "happy" act.

"I'm a master at uno, so I doubt that," she laughed. "We'll see."

**

Chandler spent the night at Heather's house since her parents weren't home—as usual. He waited until she was sound asleep to grab her phone again. He clicked on Alejandro's contact and saw that she had two numbers underneath his name. He recognized one of the numbers, so he copied and pasted and searched it up. He found it was the number for Spanish tutoring at their University. So he's her tutor. Interesting. It seems like they've been hanging out a lot more than that, though. Those texts were not for academic purposes at all. He put her phone back down and laid next to her, beyond furious. He felt like he had no power. He craved power. He wanted all the power he could possibly have over Heather. He was tempted to block Alejandro's number so she would never text him again, but he figured it would be better to teach her a lesson himself—one that she'd never forget.